1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Tubing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeDaly, 2 Mar 2012.

1. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Going to make a few changes to my watercooling loop, and need new tubing, all i have read is about clear tubing fogging up. Is there any clear tubes that dont have this problem, i know tygon has this problem, and apparently the latest batch of primochill lrt also has this problem. All help appreciated, Luke

2. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

I think solid white tubing looks insane, but no way to see the air bubbles. I am looking into doing my first loop but need all the parts and trying to get them 2nd hand.

3. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Give Feser Pure a shot. One of my friends has it and it doesn't fog, and is almost as forgiving on tight bends as tygon. I use Feser white myself, been really happy with it. Looks great and easy to work with.

4. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Feser clear also has this problem as far as i know :/

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

They have 2 clears, UV clear and Pure. If we're talking about cloudy foggy, it does not. If we're talking about occasional condensation fog that goes away, well that is going to be unavoidable. All of it will do that if there is a large difference in internal and external temperatures of the tubing.

6. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Who gave you that idea ;D

As for the op is the condensation on the inside of the tubing or the outside, if it's the outside then you should be worried, if it's the inside then don't worry about it, just try and reduce the temps inside your case if you can

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

I think that by "fogging up" you mean plasterciser leaching from the tubing, then forming as a residue on the inside of the tubes (and everything else) ??? In which case I can't remember. Sorry.

I am absolutely certain that there's a Tygon that doesn't they make a lot of very different compounds for their tubing. However, I can't recall which it is - they're four digit codes...

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

B-44-4x.

9. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

You wont see any fogging if you use mayhems pastel fluid + it has all the goodies baked in so no need for kill coils etc and it looks awesome! :thumb:

10. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Asura you are correct, and yes pastel coolent wouldnt show this, but would not look to good in my rig :/

11. Reconnec7ed

Reconnec7ed What's a Dremel?

The fogging you speak of could be caused by UV damge. This occurs with almost all plastics unless they have a specific additive designed to prevent it. It would cause it to become less clear and less flexible and brittle after some time. People with clear tubing tent to have a UV reactive fluid and therefore have a UV cathode tube meaning damage is accelerated by the intense UV light.

This would explain why it only occurs with some tubing and some people. I would guess most tubing isn't designed to cope with UV light so it will fog. I would have thought you would be ok with most good flexible tubing as long as you keep an eye on it and probably replace it when it goes foggy.