1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards New mobo needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldstar0011, 7 Nov 2008.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Well 2 of my PC mobo's have just died so I need get new ones.

The first one is my main PC, games, internet, web designing etc etc, was using a ASUS P5N-E, wasn't in SLI but I do have 2 cards I can use, I was happy with this so able replacement, SLI not important tbh, looking at price of £50 though

Second PC was my storage and media one, now as thats broke I am considering a proper media PC with my other spare computer for storage now, am not after going super slim or super quiet but a micro atx box and mobo. The card it's running is a 7800GT but with it beig hocked up to a LCD tv and thinking one of those nice mobo's with HDMI out.
    But limitation here at moment is current mobo was on DDR1 RAM and not too keen of buying new RAM for this one so obviously causes me issues.

Any suggestions folks, main one to sort though is the main PC
    Thanks

2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I'd just upgrade the RAM, DDR motherboards are a pain to come across (unless you ebay it), plus DDR2 RAM is relatively cheap now (4Gb for £40)

3. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

How can anyone break two motherboards? :confused:

4. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Broke one then used the other til it died? other one might have been dead for months for all we know :p

5. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

cpemma - I ask myself that! it's enough to make we want to give up on pc's all together.

Since posting got me a Asus P5N32-E as the main mobo for SLI and it's pretty much same as my old one.

Thinking I will whack the DDR RAM in my 3rd PC as it's using DDR1 still so will give that a boost.
    Will sort the main PC first and then the media one, tbh I now using DDR2 will be better, get a mATX board and case and I'll be happy

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Some more DDR2 RAM on it's way thanks to ebay again!

7. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

At least you're not having to buy DDR3, that would be some cost for ya.

Tags: