1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Triple your Dropbox capacity for free

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 13 Apr 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

As of 2 days ago the friend referral bonus was boosted to 1GB per referral with a maximum of 32GB. Maybe worth updating the article!

I got excited by the article title, thinking I could triple my 100GB storage limit! I am currenlty hassling Dropbox to give me more space, something in the range of 200GB. SugarSync (a dropbox competitor) offer 250GB for $25/month which is a much better deal than dropbox. Might jump ship in the near future.

That said, the dropbox free account is a great free service! There is also android/iphone apps that allow you to access your files on the move!

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

At 3.1GB free so far!! Just doing the photo upload service from mobile.

4. OzThe2

OzThe2 What's a Dremel?

Excellent - I'm on it now thank you for the tips.

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Really? It still says 500MB over most of the site for referrals.

Sadly this is only for people using the free version - I totally agree about gaps in the pricing and service though. It's a hefty hike from free to the first tier for starters.

6. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I suspect the site will be updated soon, even my friends with free accounts got the email from Dropbox saying the referrals were increased to 1GB and they also plan to backdate any referrals that have already been processed! :thumb:

I'm huge fan of the service, and for backing up photos its the only real solution! Hopefully soon they will make a bigger effort to compete with SugarSync!

7. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Talking of free space, if anyone wants to sing up using my referal, then we both get some extra space

http://db.tt/VcENobN

ta

8. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

Get 16gb without spamming your mates:

1. Register for google adwords but dont use it.
    2. Wait for a free voucher to be emailed to you.
    3. Place an add for dropbox with the keyword dropbox
    4. Wait for the referalls to roll in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kronos and Guest-16 like this.
  9. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

livedrive's pro-package offers 5tb for ~17€ + unlimited backupspace for 5 pcs ...

10. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Pro Tip - Do the photo upload thing at work rather than at home

11. Hg

Hg The game known as life

12. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

Done!

slaw likes this.
  13. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

HTC One users get 25Gb free for 2 years - there was a crack think but it's been revoked...

14. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Thanks!!! + Rep

Last edited: 13 Apr 2012
  15. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Sweet, missed a few of those so now sitting on 2.75GB before I try the photo upload :)

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I got roped in to sign up for DropBox about 1.5 years ago and also pestered a couple of pals to do it. Ended up with 3.75GB free space, but haven't used DropBox since. Don't really trust them. Especially after the row last year about their terms of service.

A colleague at work swears by SpiderOak, by the way. Should be a lot more secure.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I use SpiderOak and Box - SpiderOak for security, and Box 'cos they gave HP TouchPad owners 50GB for free. Which is nice.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I use it for sharing stuff between my VM and the host PC as it seemed to be the easiest option and i hardly dent the 2GB... but more is always better... as is free...

19. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I use Box.net personally. 50gb's of free space, 2gb file limits for any free account on android or iphone. Also works with PC but the 50gb for free has to be activated through a phone I think. They run that as a limited time offer every few months for the past year or so. I tried Dropbox and just didn't like it.

20. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Now up to 3.38GB, and didn't even keep the Twitter and Facebook connections. I use Dropbox to sync documents between my machines, and it just works flawlessly without me having to worry about anything. Tried SugarSync but found that it whole files rather than changes, and would disconnect more frequently than Dropbox did, so ended up coming back.

SugarSync should technically be superior to Dropbox, but the reliability just lets it down a bit. The fact that everything has to be synced through the Dropbox folder is a bit of a pain, but aliases and Dock shortcuts completely remove that annoyance for my usage.

feathers likes this.
Tags: Add Tags