1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other android ... twitter

Discussion in 'Software' started by Xir, 23 Oct 2014.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Am I touching a holy grail here, there's no "mobile" or "Android" prefix, am I in the right forum?

Anyway, while I'm here, waiting to be corrected.

So I've recently started using twitter, simply because recently I've started reading some blogs and following some podcasts, and these people use twitter to tell the world when they're done with something new.

Now, with android for twitter, I don't just see the posts (tweets, twt's, whateverthef....hell you call them) from the people I follow. (as in " my new blog is ready") but also the posts from the people THEY follow.

And I don't really want to see the random drivel from the numerous digital acquaintances that I don't follow.

Is there a setting to show only the posts from the people you follow, and block out any others?

Xir

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Are the posts you're seeing being retweeted from people you are following? If so you can change the settings for individual accounts you are following to only see tweets sent by them and not retweets.

3. Xir

Xir Modder

No, they're directly from the people they follow (as far as I can see)

4. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

5. Xir

Xir Modder

Ah, and I thought it was my mistake...

Thx!

Weird: the website doesn't show this behaviour, the androidclient does.