1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Ray Harryhausen, visual effects master, dies aged 92

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 8 May 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I did not know of the man but I can remember being thrilled and amazed at the special effects in the film Jason and the Argonaut's in 1963. Clips of some of his films here.

Today's film goers get all the special effects they need with CGI and the like 40 or so years ago things were a little more difficult but of so exciting to our generation. I must admit I still enjoy the original Jason and the Argonauts of 1963 as opposed to the 2000 version.

The Skeletons. [​IMG]

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

The way those skeletons are animated is creepy as hell, the way they appear to lurch around is superb.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Could not agree with you more and it still brings a smile to my face when I watch the film.

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

R.I.P. Harry, you were a genius that inspired so many of the current effects wizards to take up the craft and take it to the next level.
    Quite often the fims you worked on were not the greatest but your work would guarantee a hardcore audience would watch them time and again.

So long Harry, thank you for all the wonderful memories and fantasic creations you brought to life, I'll dig out a few of your classics from my collection and watch them again.