1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CRITICAL DRIVERS Updates For Asrock Extreme6 Z97 for Win 7 64 Home Premium

Discussion in 'Software' started by sebastian869, 29 Apr 2015.

1. sebastian869

sebastian869 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys was wondering what you think is the best way to get the most current update of the asrock DVD effectively, that is the drivers and a few programs that came on the disk. Intel for some reason seems to be worthless, that is their scanning software. They hare a prog you DL and supposed to tell you what drivers to DL. At least for me its worthless.
    I noticed a weird thing. Newer versions like the "USB 3.1" for ex. It seems to have the same driver models and dated to mostly the 2015 erra. Was wondering if they are usable one like the INF, the onboard sound, ME the basic and important ones.

Im only interested in a few to make the chase easier for ex.
    Realtek high definition audio driver ver:7004 (I know a new verion had been releaser .7240)
    The INF Chipset driver INF driver ver:10.0.21
    Intel Management Engine driver ver:10.0.31.1000 though the Windows 7 64bit ver:10.0.30.1054 and the 6 AC version has Windows 7 64bit ver:10.0.0.1204
    Realtek LAN driver has Windows 7 ver:7.86.508.2014 and ver:7086 I dont understand
    LAN Driver Windows 7 64bit ver:19.0.27.0
    ASMedia SATA3 Windows 7 64bit ver:2.0.8.0 (ASMedia ASM1061)
    ASMedia USB 3.0 Windows 7 64bit ver:1.16.15.0 (Seems ASMedia ASM1042AE is the driver)
    And INTEL USB 3 Windows 7 64bit ver:3.0.1.41
    With the Rates of flaws and hacks found and increases in performance I've been really trying hard to get upgraded drivers.
    I cant seem to manage to find updates from Asmedias site like one at least sort of can on intels.

P.S. Why are there an intel Lan and Realtek and asmedia? I Always though realtek did audio.
    Smart connect does not seem real vital and Rapid start is convenient but again not vital.
    ALSO IVE COME across a INF FILE v10.0.26 but dont know if its for our MOBOS and as far as i know there is a USB Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver_3.0.5.69.zip and
    LAN_Win7_64_PROWin_19.1.exe though not CERTAIN IF its for out LAN.

REALLY need help with all ASMEDIA and INF files, Intel Management Engine driver, Realtek Lan driver, Lan driver ver:19.0.27.0
    AND DO YOU STILL HAVE TO INSTALL THE *For Windows 7 (32 / 64 bit) OS, please install Windows Update KB2685811 before installing Intel ME driver. BEFORE Intel Management Engine driver though it only says that now on the Z97 Extreme6/ac
    This is one of the best ive come accross that may help you out" https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/70898/Intel-Desktop-Board-DZ87KLT-75K"
    REALLY BE GREATFUL FOR ANY NEW IDEAS asrock seem to be a dead end. Good Hardware bad Tech support. BTW NOT CERTAIN THE INF FILE I FOUND on intel is legit and installable Chipset_10.0.26_Public

Thanks,
    Sebastian

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

OK, the best way to get drivers for your motherboard is to go to the manufacturer's website. Realtek make audio chips, ethernet chips and a few other bits and bobs very cheaply (for the most part) hence you see them on most motherboards, however a fair few others make these as well. Hence you will see a multitude of different manufacturers used throughout a company (like ASRock's) range of products.

Why are you messing so much with INF files, it's much easier to just run the setup executable.

Edit: What spolsh said below. It's possible that newer OEM drivers for the ethernet don't fully work but the "older" ones do from ASRock's site.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2015
  3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Yep, ASrock website has all the downloads. Manual online is a rev 1.0 one, so It looks like there is only one version of this motherboard.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97 Extreme6/?cat=Download

Just noticed the webby, shows realtek 7004 drivers, and you say 7240 is current. It could be that the config of the board, or operating system, means 7004 is the last version that works properly (as tested by the manufacturer).

4. sebastian869

5. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Why do you need to update your USB3 drivers though? If the ASRock drivers are working why try to find a more up to date (but possibly more generic) drivers?

Also if the vendor ID is 8086 then that's Intel not ASMedia.

6. sebastian869

as u know the extreme 6 z97 has more then just intel drivers it has asmedia and reltek and
    broadcom and maybe one more.

The better question is why to get the newest ones. I guess answer is why not. Im not sure of the updates in each but theres a reason for them to release new version of all of the drivers and if i can id rather have the newer then the older.

7. sebastian869

ive got .7240 but ive seen 7354 dont know if they meant for the extreme6