1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kev8alot, 18 Jun 2011.

1. kev8alot

kev8alot What's a Dremel?

Hello,

I was recently thinking about getting an xbox 360 however I have a computer I use for gaming and I like it that way. Here's the thing, can you disassemble an xbox 360 and install the drive into a computer just like a 5.25 drive and use a sata and power connector with existing computer hardware? Mainly I want my xbox 360 to work with my computer hardware.

Spec!! XD

Intel DX58SO Gaming Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 960 3.2 Ghz
    Ati Radeon HD 5750
    4 Gb of DDR3 gskill RAM
    Modular PSU
    Cooler Master Case

Any Help

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

If I'm right in thinking that you want to combined the 2 then it's impossible. Or is it that you want to build the Xbox into the rig and use a standard DVD drive?

3. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

impossible im affraid, you can take one apart and fit it into a pc case but you cant just use the dvd drive from the console to play xbox games on your pc, they are two diferent architectures

4. kev8alot

chris,

that makes sense and from my understanding the xbox also using a different type of bios, different than from the computer bios. I was thinking more about modding the case to hold the 360. Do you know roughly the parts and the size of the board (if I do do it I wanna place it on the bottom of my case) and I am curious if it'll fit.

5. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

the drive in a 360 is a 5.25" format
    but there is no 360 emulator
    so its impossible

6. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Just get a big enough case to hold the PC and Xbox in side. 2 Motherboards, 2 Disc Drives. Easy enough, If you need help with pin outs let me know and i can point you in the right direction.

7. kev8alot

Lol, thanks disturbed and ozzy. Disturbed I wasn't planning on using an emulator just making room in the case like ozzy said. Yeah I checked out some cases and what not, they are cool and all but I'm not looking for something the size of a small filing cabinet, lol. Anyway thanks for the posts guys. Pretty soon I'm going to paint my interior case and organize the cables. I'll upload some photos of it when I'm done. Thanks again

8. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder