1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RMAs on Motherboards

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by champangecharlie, 24 Sep 2015.

1. champangecharlie

champangecharlie What's a Dremel?

How long does a repair generally take for ASUS to repair a damaged socket on a board which has been just released? Thinking that older boards may be more problematic if the set up for fixing them isn't in place but new boards would be quicker. What's the normal turnaround?

Also, is there any way a customer can track status with ASUS when it's gone via the company it was bought through - rather than being directly sent to ASUS by the customer?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It depends what is actually wrong with the motherboard, I'd say. Generally, you can expect it to take up to 28 days, as that's how long the retailer is allowed by law. It often gets returned quicker, but be prepared for a long wait. :(

3. champangecharlie

It's a few broken pins and a few bent ones. Today is day 28 so hopefully will won't be long. I think the small print on the RMA said something like "a reasonable" time. What that actually means is anyone's guess.

4. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Factually incorrect - there is no imposed maximum amount of time imposed on any retailer or manufacturer. It purely states a remedy must be offered within a reasonable amount of time only a judge can decide how long this amount of time should be.

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

My mistake. I learned something then. :)

Also, you would be lucky if they repair a damaged socket as that is not something they cover. It's a user error when you damage a socket, and they don't repair those.

6. champangecharlie

Apparently ASUS do offer this service....but you do need to pay.

Agree that it's normally a user induced problem but wouldn't say it is always so.

7. Ant.ASUS

Ant.ASUS What's a Dremel?

Since our main repair centre is in the Czech Republic it's generally at least a few weeks for repairs to be made + shipping time.

You could ask the retailer for the RMA number and then quote that to ASUS customer service (UK number 01442 265548)

Hopefully you'll get it back soon.

8. champangecharlie

Thanks Ant. I've been trying to get that info from Scan but seems to be taking some time as they do this via a 3rd party.