1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Post your worse benchmark results worse is better :-)

Discussion in 'Software' started by thelaw, 24 Nov 2010.

1. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Had a bit of fun today, was bored..decided to run Custom Pc's benchmark software through my laptop to see what crap results i could get with it.... given that "high is usually better" i thought well why not have a worse is better section?

My wicked laptop specs -

K-Advert laptop - (given to me by a IT friend as payment in kind for working at his PC store for a week)

CPU :

Intel Pentium T2080 @ 1.73GHz - Dual core
    Yonah 65nm Technology

Motherboard: DIXONSXP DIXONSXP (U2E1) - Dont even know what the hell that is :-D

Ram: 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz (4-4-4-12)

Graphics on board - no card: res 1024x768

H/Drive: 98GB Hitachi IDE

Windows XP 32 bit

The Results:

Image editing: 431 points.
    Video encoding: 580 points.
    Multitasking testing: 229 points.
    Overall score: 413 points.

Benchmarks finished.:jawdrop:

So go on anyone do any worse..would love to see someone with a pentium 1 or a 486 or something..:D

2. Hazmatt

Hazmatt What's a Dremel?

Can you link to the benchmark software you used, this'll ensure all our results are tested on the same basis.
    I think I could get worse than you with a computer back from 2006

3. Hawkest

Hawkest I got some 4GB new RAM

I tried running cpc benchmark on a single core Athlon 64. Can't remember what the clock speed was. But can remember it was still running 2 days later!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

4. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Its the software provided right here by custom PC themselves they use on all there motherboard reviews they always usually post a link to it, i will try and find a link.

5. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

6. Hazmatt

Hazmatt What's a Dremel?

Thanks for linking :)

These are the results for my main computer:
    Image editing: 677 points.
    Video encoding: 851 points.
    Multitasking testing: 469 points.
    Overall score: 666 points.
    INTEL Core 2 duo @ 2.19GHz
    2GB RAM
    Windows XP Home x86
    On board graphics (512MB)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are the results for the computer I use to record TV as well as some file sharing (it does the job)

Image editing: 298 points.
    Video encoding: 418 points.
    Multitasking testing: FAILED.
    INTEL Pentium 4
    480MB RAM
    Windows XP Home x86
    On board graphics (unsure)

When it got the multitasking test XP popped up a "virtual memory minimum too low" at which point the benchmarks suite aborted

Last edited: 5 Dec 2010
  7. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I'm gonna download this and use it to convince my boss I need a new PC at work. I bet it will crash on the test and not even display a result. I'm stuck with a 5-year old DELL GX280 , Intel Pentium IV 3Ghz with 1GB Ram...

It's already breaking a sweat just downloading that file! I'm afraid to run it!

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Unfortunately if you get so slow in the CPC benchmark the points stop decreasing. Multitasking tests usually fail on single core machines, and any hardware with ****/no GPU acceleration.

The VIA Artigo I reviewed was painfully slow and will probably beat anything here :p

9. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I win! It doesn't want to run on my work-pc. It says the display needs to be in 32-bit.. but it is.. I changed it to 16-bit and then back to 32-bit, but still no luck.. it doesn't want to run.

So frustrating to have to work on such a piece of crap! I've added a graphics card and a screen I had at home to at least use two screens. But it's still painfully slow.. it takes up to 2-3 minutes to open a 1mb PDF file, which I need to use all the time...

Such a pleasure coming home to an iMac 26" i7 with 8GB Ram and an extra 20" portrait screen.

bleh

10. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I would go and dig out the pentium 90Mhz machine in my parents loft when i'm back there but i doubt it will run on Win95.

11. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I have a Cyrix 133 somewhere I could dig out with 16mb ram. Does anything happen if i press the "Turbo" button... ERM... no.