1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-56605, 14 May 2012.

1. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jan 2019
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm liking the new Asrock boards, they've come a long way in just a couple of years :)

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

<3 ASRock.

Really looking forward to see some solid reviews on the Z77e-itx as its is a strong favourite for my next motherboard.

4. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

I'm definitely interested in one of these, thanks for the info

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I like the ASRock boards, but I just don't like the gold touches. I'm being picky and it wouldn't stop me buying a board. They have really impressed me and I hope it continues.

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Looks good, I don't see the point of going up to the Extreme6 when the Extreme4 is pretty much the same for cheaper.

Do you use the dehumidifier feature? :lol:

7. Deders

Deders Modder

I hope the PCIe 3 Implementation is better than previous generations.

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

@23RO_UK: That is not a review. That is a expanded listing of board functions with some extra photos. Where are the power consumption figures ? Benchmarks ? Overclocking results ? Any review which wants to be called review needs at least the first two.

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

It is not being "anal", it is just calling it by it's name - it is pretty much useless for anyone considering that board, even if it is in "First look" category. I am considering that board as well, but i didn't learn anything new from that link (and yes, i found it today morning when i was searching for reviews as well).

Does it consumes less or more power than the comparable boards ? How does it compares to others in performance ? How are the chipset/VRM temperatures ? How good does it overclock ? Does it have similar problems as the older Asrock S1155 boards which sometimes throttled the CPU speed due the VRM heat ?

None of those information's are there - so it won't help the buyer in any way at all. Previews ("First look") is a good thing - for hardware which will be available in 1-2 months - like the video preview of P8Z77-I somewhere in March, while boards came out in May. But Z77E-ITX is already on sale, so what is the point of doing a "First look" instead of a standard review ?

Compared to product page, that preview gives anyone only two things - a photo of the underside of the board with the mSATA connector, and the info about the parts used in VRM curcuitry. And that's all.

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I've got the Z68 Gen3 Extreme3 and I'm loving it. Running my IB 3570k at 4.6ghz. Had some issues with the Z68 BIOS not posting IB, which is pretty ridiculous IMO, but after some phone/email combat I managed to get a new BIOS chip shipped out and it's run like a champ since.