1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Swiftech releases Apogee XT waterblock

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Looks pweeety.

The mounting, same as the GTZ, is fantastic.

3. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Well I was getting ready to buy a GTZ to replace my DD RBX, looks like I'll hold off for an ATX AXT.

Last edited: 7 Oct 2009
  4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

That'd be AXT ;)

5. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

So glad I haven't ordered my GTZ yet.

6. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Sure its going to cool better than anything on the market. Its a new product that the maufacturers are trying to sell if they have to lie or not. Cant wait to see some un-bias testing on this unit. FYI I have a GTZ block and love it ;)

7. Combatus

Swiftech are usually fairly honest with their results from my experience but I agree until we have some independant testing, the crown rests on the Heatkiller's head ;)

8. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

I was just about to buy a HK3.0-LT so this is good timeing for me. :)

Seeing as bits been touting water alot of late, why not some more reviews/articles on watercooling? Is this going to be the start of a trend?

The same kind of depth as http://skinneelabs.com/ would be nice or I'll be dissapointed. :D

9. Combatus

We have been talking about this actually for some time. TBH the likes of Skinneelabs and Martinsliquidlab do over and above what is really needed. I mean Martin would use water heaters to heat the coolant to max out the heat capacity of the radiator - something that would never happen in real use (or at least it shouldn't), things like that and most of the information, while very interesting, in-depth and scientific just isn't worth our while, although I'd love to be proved wrong. Both Skinnee and Martin have said in the past how time consuming their testing is.

At the end of the day there's relatively little difference between most of the modern hardware and we also don't have the time or recources to obtain and use all his kind of kit and to be honest I know a lot of people just want to see the comparison graphs at the end of the day, except some of the more hardcore users out there, and probably most XS forum members ;-)

However, what should be doable here is pressure drop and flow rate testing and how blocks and radiators actually perform in a typical loop and what their limits are. Pumps too we should be able to test. After all, all people really want to know is how a block actually performs, what kind of a pressure drop it's going to have, and also how it will effect flow rates.

If anyone has any thoughts on this feel free to PM me.

10. livesabitch

livesabitch life is what you make it!

she loolks a beaute! can we have a review on this bit-tech? would be interesting to see how it performs!

11. Big Red

Big Red What's a Dremel?

Could it be time to retire my D-tek fusion v2?? sure looks nice.

J.

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Hmmz I wonder if its better then a Heatkiller3.0LT.

13. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Pics comparing the 2 pin layouts??
    :(

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

15. Combatus

They're also on the products page at swiftech linked to in the article along with more info and pics.

Tags: Add Tags