1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Diagnosis – Purchase Justification Syndrome

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 26 Nov 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

What would be the point of forums if people didn't bum around arguing relentlessly about;
    1. Consoles vs. PCs
    2. Apples vs. PCs
    3. NVIDIA vs. ATI
    4. AMD vs. Intel
    5. People who put the milk in the bowl first vs. People who put the cereal in the bowl first
    I mean seriously, if you try and put the cereal in second the milk goes everywhere. What's wrong with you people?

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Lol, A subliminal dig. Nice little read that!

Andy

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

what are you? some sort of human failure? how are you doing this!?

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

edit, i'd rather not get into that.

6. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Milk in first? I've never heard of such lunacy.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

8. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Don't tell me it's just the retards in my Uni staircase that do that?

FOR GOD'S SAKE WHY ME?

9. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

You crazy people, you try getting the wheatabix:milk ratio right by putting the milk in first - you'll forget about the displacement of the milk by the wheatabix and end up with a watery mess for breakfast!

10. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

the original iPhone is a perfect example of PJS

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

+1

Thats like wiping your arse before having a brad pitt.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2009
  12. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

I too have been subject to PJS in my time. Similar case with Harry involving ATI back in the day. I cherished my 9700 pro and thought that ATI could do no wrong. So I went and bought two of their first gen crossfire cards (x800XT if I remember correctly) and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I was such a fool!!

I'm a bit wiser now but I still have a preference for AMD cards and will buy them over Nvidia as long as the performance & price are similar. But that's just me and I think it's a mix of happy memories from the 9700 and the fear of spending a lot of money on a Nvidia card and constantly scrutinising the card and comparing it against the AMD equivalent.

I certainly wouldn't try and force my preference on anyone else! And I would never put my milk in first. That's just weird!

Last edited: 26 Nov 2009
  13. TSR2

TSR2 What's a Dremel?

Don't people with more extreme PJS also tend to be subconsciously uncertain about their decision?

14. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Maybe.....

15. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i dont think i have ever had PJS if i buy something and it is **** i will be pissed with myself for not questioning the purchase more but i dont ever try to justify it to myself

16. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

no way you put your milk first, because there are those days, you just don't want milk with your corn flakes, because you just want to eat them dry in front of the tv like pop corn, or have them with some nice yoghurt. there are even those days you decide you want another brand of cereals, and if they're not wet yet, you can put them back in their bag, admit it: who of you have multiple brands of milk, and just one brand of cereals, and who of you the other way around?

17. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

What? Why would you put the cereal back? You just eat some, and put the new cereal on top!

18. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

I put milk in a bowl first, then sugar, then cereal, then another bowl on top to make a clamshell, then flip it upside down and take away the first bowl to make it all normal again....
    well at least that's what I do when I'm off my meds (or on too many).

what about when making instant coffee, putting the coffee powder in first or last?

I try avoid this PJS, though I do have a soft spot for gigabyte motherboard BIOS and am not too fond of Asus' BIOS.

19. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

20. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

I think I have the opposite, Retention Justification Syndrome. I find it very difficult to throw anything away or replace it, the usual excuses being that it's still useful or usable. I used to wear my sister-in-laws coat, even after a hole burned into the sleeve, I still wear the same jogging trousers and T-shirts from ten years ago even though you can see through them, and while a change of car would be nice my current one is so reliable (touch wood) I'm afraid of ending up worse off. Maybe some of that's common sense, but I keep an awful lot of rubbish and non-selling items at work on the principle that it's still good and someone may want it, and I've just spotted my old mobile phone next to me, eight years old and with a dead battery because "one day" I want to get my old ringtone off of it.

Oh, and people who put the milk in first are as crazy as the big-enders.

Tags: Add Tags