1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Android app store/Apple app store

Discussion in 'Software' started by Threefiguremini, 21 Nov 2010.

1. Threefiguremini

Threefiguremini What's a Dremel?

Just having a discussion with a few mates about the android/apple app stores and thought I'd get some input from fellow bit-techers. Right now apple's app store I think it's fair to say in the dominant app store with the most apps/developers/money etc. Do people think that andorid's app store will overtake apple in the future? According to Wikipedia in Q1 of 2010 25% of smart phone sales ran android whilst 17% ran Apple's operating system.
    I guess as more android phones/tablets are released then more people will be using andorid and thus the android app store than will use the apple app store so surely the developers and money will follow. Thoughts?

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I wouldn't read too much into wiki's figures. Even if they were true it doesn't take into account ipods and ipads both of which can add a few million users to the apple app store. Apple will for the foreseeable future be the number one store.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The Apple App Store is broader, and easier to use, and is older too, but with the way Android is taking hold, it wont be long before Apple will need to start looking over their shoulders.

Sam

4. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

one day Apple, Google and Tesco's will own the world lol

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

The Android app store has been seeing enormous monthly growth. It's only a matter of time. Google iterate improvements and updates much faster than Apple.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen Windows Mobile 7 do its thing for a year.

Google Android first needs to get itself a unified platform. There are more muggles out there than geeks. Apple still has the edge in that market.

7. roarke80

roarke80 What's a Dremel?

As a new Android phone user, I love the freedom of the Android platform and marketplace, so I hope it does take over the world. However there are really a lot more low quality, poorly made apps in Android marketplace currently than in Apple, I can never find what I'm really looking for without having to go through a LOT of bad apps. A lot more QC required, in my opinion.

8. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

As above really apple has it all at the moment and the attention it gets in the media is helping it stay there, droid will one day catch up. WM7 although a huge improvement over the previos os is a dead horse