1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola Expanding Ad

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by supermonkey, 18 Mar 2010.

1. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Just a little gripe here. I loaded up Bit-tech, and after glancing at the front page offerings, I moved the mouse over to the "Forums" button. Before the pointer got to the Forums link, it caught the edge of the Motorola ad, which expanded to cover the site navigation buttons.

I've never seen it happen before, so I wasn't anticipating it. Thus, instead of clicking on the Forums link, I accidentally clicked on the ad, which opened a new tab.

It's not a huge issue, and it only took a second to close the new tab. Still, ads that expand and cover up content or navigation are a big turn-off for me. I'm not sure how other people feel, but I thought I'd leave a little feedback here.

2. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

I had the same problem, like supermonkey said, not a huge deal, just a bit annoying.

3. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

+1

4. xrain

xrain Minimodder

Anything that pops up automatically while scrolling is indeed very troubling. It starts to turn reading more into a irritating version of helicopter than anything else. If I'm ever interested in an add, I will click on it myself, the add doesn't need to force it self upon me. :blush:

5. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

This ad is way too invasive. I've just lost my nerves and blocked it...

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Agreed, it's a bit annoying when I'm choosing what section of the site to go to and it pops up because the mouse was close to it.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Guess I must just be lucky, have only seen it twice. :D