1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer & Pro reviews

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 26 Sep 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

Nice review, and also nice to see some common sense regarding the Arctic product... I've been using Arctic coolers for years on both CPU and GPU and ....

3. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Will they fit the FM2 socket?

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

If the pro really does perform on par with a H100 it's a win for Ttake, surely, having fewer chassis compatibility problems?

I do like the ease of use of these closed loop units (having used one on a temp basis, whilst rebuilding my loop) but the WC snob in me still wrinkles his nose at them. ;)

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

considering thermaltakes history with watercooling no one but the clinically insane should even consider this.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Wow, what an incredibly blinkered comment!

These aren't made by Ttake, they're just re-badged Asetek units. :rolleyes:

7. Risky

Risky Modder

A bit of a silly comment given that it's made by Asetek.

TT have been around for a long time and have offere out a lot of products. Some of them quite hideous, some quite good.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Look pretty interesting, will a review of the Extreme be coming? Would be interesting to see what that's like.

It'd be interesting to see a comparison between stuff like the H100 and a very cheap single 120mm rad WC loop. I know there's not much WC content for bit-tech because it's a huge area with many pitfalls, but it would be interesting.

Also, the first graph of results has no numbers for the idle deltas. :)

9. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Sadly it does so with brute force and a lot of noise - the H100 is far quieter, cheaper and has fan speed control. If you only have a single 120mm fan mount, then we'd still suggest looking at other single 120mm fan coolers such as Corsair's H80. Out of the box the Water 2.0 Pro is only for those that can put up with the noise.

10. Risky

Risky Modder

I just looked on Scan and the TT Extreme kit is almost exactly the same the same price as the cheapest EK kit, EK-KIT H3O - Supreme LT 240 EN

Now an article comparing the two for performance and ease of setup would be very worthwhile.

Last edited: 27 Sep 2012
  11. [EOCF] Tim

[EOCF] Tim What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your review Matthew. Just wondering if there is a review of the new range by Enermax. The ELC120-TB, ELC240. They look pretty good. Should be out in retail this week.

Tags: Add Tags