1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics What graphic card for Asus P8Z77-M PRO?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tsutton, 23 May 2016.

1. tsutton

tsutton Minimodder

My current graphic card *might* be on the way out... so what's the latest graphic card that runs well with Asus P8Z77-M PRO motherboard? I do gaming now and then, so I would suspect 1GB might be enough for now. Budget of around £60 to £80.

Current graphic card: ASUS HD 4850 512MB DDR3

Current Specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K
    16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
    Coolermaster eXtreme Power 460W

Cheers,

2. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

It really depends on what type of gaming you anticipate - if a 4850 suits your needs there are lots of options out there and more up to date.

A 7850 or 7870 (2nd hand) would be good for 1080p resolution and would be vastly better than the 4850. Or you could go for something lower and cheaper if those will be overkill.

In short, need more info on games and resolution before a good recommendation can be offered.

3. tsutton

tsutton Minimodder

Nothing too exciting, a few games from Steam (i.e. HL2, Grim Fandango Remastered, Carmageddon) - nothing too heavy. But I like to idea of being able to run other games where needed.

Thanks.

4. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

That has a core of a nice computer.

The PSU isn't great though I don't think so maybe factor in swapping that if you go for a gpu with a bit of grunt.

A GTX 670 would be reasonable money? Would play most things.