1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Gaming Strafe Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 27 Aug 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I think the keyboard looks fairly good, but I'd don't think there's a reason to spend the extra money and get it when you could get the Func KB-460 for £62 from scan and it does, IIRC, everything except per key lighting but also gives you an extra USB.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

No media keys...unforgivable.

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Are media keys really a big deal?

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Volume adjustment is incredibly useful to have on the keyboard rather than having to adjust via the desktop, especially if headphones don't have an in-line volume adjustment.

There's also the fact that such a basic feature should not be missing from a KB that costs £100, even my cheapo Corsair K30 has them.

6. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Personally I have speakers with a volume knob and headphones with inline volume control. Regardless of price I prefer minimal keyboards with a clean basic layout. The fact that this keyboard is uncluttered with media keys etc is, in my opinion, a bonus.

But as they say different strokes n that :thumb:

7. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Not really. I have several keyboards for the various PC's I own. Some with media keys, others without. No media keys is not that big a deal.

8. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Or you could just use the FN key and the media keys on the 'F' keys at the top...

9. SchizoFrog

Is this really a Corsair Gaming keyboard? After all it has the original Corsair 'Sails' logo and just says CORSAIR.

Either way, I would wait for the RGB version (especially the review) with the new 'Silent' keys from Cherry.

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Yep very much looking forward to trying these out. As Hamfunk says, it's each to his own regarding media keys. Personally I find them useful, especially volume, as my main PC only uses 2-channel speakers, admittedly they're fairly hefty Gigaworks ones but as they don't have a separate sub, they don't come with a remote control with volume etc, so I have to reach across a metre of desk and behind my monitor to where they are which is a pain - would much rather have an easy to use volume control on the keyboard. Like I said though, some people aren't bothered by this and I get that.

11. SchizoFrog

Like I suggested, what's wrong with FN+F7/F8?? Volume up and down. Stop, Track Back, Play/Pause, Track Forward... F9-F12.

12. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

I like this keyboard. I wanted MX Reds but couldn't afford what I wanted at the time and settled on browns. It is cheap enough for sure. The missing media keys, isn't a huge deal and lack of annoying 'macro' keys (like on the Logitech G710+) is a plus. At only $110 that isn't bad IMO, plus it looks fairly slick.

Might finally be time to try reds.

13. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

This will be a more interesting keyboard once the Strafe Silent is released with dampened Cherry MX Reds- ideally at the same price... that will at least separate it from the K70 more.

14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

I thought Corsair Gaming is going with the whole heart-valentine-tribal logo?

15. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

Seems to me that Corsair is flooding the keyboards market with samey boring keyboards to drown out the competition. [deleted 2nd sentence of drama].

Last edited: 28 Aug 2015
  16. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

It's odd how many cherry key based keyboard have no extra keys whatsoever, and yet are of course pretty pricey.
    Odd because they can buy cherry keys per single unit and could easily add extra keys, or in fact use rubber dome ones for extra keys if they felt they needed to.
    Odd too because we aren't talking about office keyboards but gaming ones.

But either way, the double use of function keys is NEVER a good idea, it's in fact annoying in my experience.

Tags: Add Tags