1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory RAM issues?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by King_Of_Cats, 19 Apr 2011.

1. King_Of_Cats

King_Of_Cats What's a Dremel?

Hello people, a new member saluts you. :)

I have just bought a new set of Kingston memory KHX 2000 C9 AD3T1FK3/6GX 6GB
    which i installed on my rig. [​IMG]

Recently i noticed that i have a lot of BSODs and the PC gets very unstable.

I have manually set timings, frequencies, voltages etc etc at their factory recommendations which are 9-10-9-27 1N @ 1.65V. The temps i get are at about 35 celcius. The problem still insists even when the RAM is functioning at way lower freqs than 2000MHz.

XMP profiles are not stable either.

The only temporary solution that i figured to get my PC stable is to reduce the FSB by 1 at a time.
    Now it is at 189 (1894MHz) and it seems stable.

The CPU is functioning OK, i have the latest BIOS and firmware on every hardware on the PC.

Is this a problem of the memory kit or am i doing something wrong?

2. King_Of_Cats

King_Of_Cats What's a Dremel?

Hello again people.

After rearanging the position of the memory modules and choosing a different XMP profile, everything looks to be fine. I am currently running my system at theese settings:
    [​IMG]

I guess my mobo is unable to support the higher range of bclks.

Each combination of settings that i use (21 X 191, 24 X 166, 28 X 143)seem to have stability problems over 4GHz. For CPU cooling i use a Prolimatech Mgahalems with push-pull fans by scythe and the tempuratures are generally ~ 40 celcious with the cpu maximum 80 celcius.

Is this RAM, mobo or CPU issue?
    Every suggestion / recomendation is welcome.

Tags: