1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Acess pont ip wont connect??

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by davie107, 11 May 2011.

1. davie107

davie107 Linux or Windows???

Right where to start, well over the past year i have been making do with connecting to xbox live through my laptop, unfortunately it died the death and was an impractical way of doing things so i decided to invest in a TP-Link TL-WA701ND Access point and have just got around to trying to set it up.

After trying to get it to connect to my router and failing i set my router to factory settings and eventually it managed to connect however my xbox wasnt connecting to xbox live so i enables DHCP on the access point and reset it however i can no longer connect to my access point through its ip address of http://192.168.1.254.

I decided to connect my Access point to my pc and it shows up and is trying to get me to create a network which i did and it still wont let me access it via the ip address.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Dave

2. andrewbarke

andrewbarke What's a Dremel?

sounds like it could be an address conflict between the router and access point!

3. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

can you ping the acces point?... can you reach it through telnet?

afeter resseting it to facotry settings.. its the IP address the same or did you manually changed it to 192.168.1.254?

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

You can no longer access the wap because it's ip address has been changed by the dhcp server on your router. When you set the wap to dhcp, it got told a new address to use by your router. Log into your router and there should be a list of attached devices which will include the wap.

Have you set the wap to 'Wireless Bridge' mode? That should allow your xbox to connect, once you've entered your router's wifi details into the wap settings.

thehippoz likes this.
  5. davie107

hi, the default ip address on the access point is 192.168.1.254, and when i reset it numerous times, it still wont connect. Ive tried pinging it and it says destination host unreachable sent=4 recieved=4 lost=0 (0% loss). and i will just look on my router to see if its connected.

Just checked on my router and tried pinging the wap via the router and no luck, its not recieving the ping and its not in the dhcp tables or listed as connected to the computer.

It is however showing as a separate wireless network on my computer?

Thanks for the quick replies

Dave

Last edited: 11 May 2011
  6. davie107

sorted :D

Thanks for everyones help finally managed to sort it after disconnecting everything, rebooting everything and then setting it to dchp and finding it in the dchp tables :D
    many thanks to all of you

Time to update my xbox and get playing some forza online :)

Thanks again

Dave