1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Small Favour - Vectorizing Typographic Logo for Charity Promotion?

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by ArtificialHero, 13 Apr 2010.

1. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Hey all,

I'm looking to promote a charity that I support in various ways by getting a custom vinyl of one of their logos produced to stick on my acoustic guitar, so that I can spread the word about the charity when I'm playing shows. I have found a company that will produce the vinyl for me, however the cost is increased by about $100 if I have them vectorize the logo for me, and my budget is fairly tight so I'd like to avoid this if possible. Unfortunately, Adobe have stopped offering trials of Illustrator CS4 in preparation for the release of CS5, so I can't do it myself (and realistically, I probably wouldn't do a great job!). Soooo bit-tech, I was just wondering - would anyone be kind enough to do this for me? I need the logo below vectorising, and I've done a quick sketch in photoshop of exactly what I'm after. If anyone has the time to help me out on this, it would really mean a lot. The charity itself is an organisation that helps young people find help when they're struggling to cope with suicidal feelings, cutting, and depression, which is a cause that's very close to my heart.

Ideally if the vectorised version was 8.25" wide, and in EPS format, then the vinyl people wouldn't have to do any work on it at all.

Thanks a lot in advance guys,
    Mike Lewis

Original Logo:
    [​IMG]

My edited version, showing the ideal sections of the logo that need vectorising:
    [​IMG]

2. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Never mind guys, I found that my other OS install had an active Illustrator trial going, so I've done it myself. Thanks anyway!