1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals ARGH! Anther Monitor Advice Thread!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chris182, 26 Dec 2013.

1. chris182

chris182 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

So Christmas is now over and I now get to treat myself to a much needed monitor upgrade. I'm currently using some cheap thing that came with a PC bundle I got years ago (I know, I know!!)

The aim for the monitor is going to gaming (although never competitively) and photo/video editing (again, mostly just for me) so colour accuracy is important, but I can't see the need to go for a wide gamut screen.

Budget is about £400-£500.

I'm currently torn between getting one 27" monitor (probably the Dell U2713HM), or 2 24" ones (probably the, you guessed it, Dell U2412M)

Thoughts... Advice...

Thanks,

Chris

2. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

3. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Go on tftcentral and use the selector thing. Gives you a few options using your preferences. I'd be hesitant going for the 27" monitor @ 2560x1440 as your gfx card might prefer settings dialed down for gaming. Although, it is all personal preference really and a game is a game - just as enjoyable turned down.

Goodbytes is your man for this question. He has some illuminating threads in bit-tech.

Last edited: 26 Dec 2013
  4. chris182

chris182 What's a Dremel?

10 secs on google and every fiber in my body is screaming run away!! There's a thread on the ocuk forum just detailing misery after misery from buyers as they do not honor their warranty without a fight, and they seem to last aprox 25 minutes!

Thanks for looking though! It's always good to have a fresh pair of eyes!

The tft selector thing doesn't seem to be working for me (maybe chrome, I'll try on a different browser in a minute)

From looking on the ocuk 1440p club it seems a few people are running 27" set ups with my gpu, and if it does need some help I've been looking for an excuse to go SLI for some time now so don't worry about that! :p

I'm just not sure what would offer me the best usability / value for money out of the 2 options.

Just read that, and it's very interesting, but just kinda confirmed that I'm looking at the right monitors.

Hopefully Goodbytes will see this and get involved at some point before I get an itchy finger and pull the trigger!

Cheers

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Tbh, I'd get the 27" regardless myself. Then a smaller additional monitor for productivity sake. Maybe place a 1440x900 vertically next to it for web browsing, reference etc.

I'd also do as you say, steer clear of the cheap one.

6. The Bear

The Bear What's a Dremel?