1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia announces Shield Tablet 'Green Box' Bundle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 26 Nov 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I can see the promo is already on OcUK, No mention of a free controller there or on the NVidia website?

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Odd, 'cos Nvidia reckons it should have it. To quote the emailed press release: 'For £299, those who purchase a 32GB SHIELD tablet will be entitled to a free SHIELD controller, the Green Box bundle and the use of NVIDIA GRID on-demand game streaming service. The Green Box bundle includes Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2 and Portal which are available to download as soon as the tablet has been received.' It's also listed as part of the bundle on the blog post, although that's talking about the US. Let me send Nvidia an email, see what's up.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Official word from the PR outfit Nvidia's got handling the deal: 'Yes, I can confirm that it includes a free controller.

Details below:
    o SHIELD Tablet 32GB LTE: £299
    o SHIELD Controller: £49.99
    o Green Box Bundle: £17.97
    o Total cost saved: £67.96
    '

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Awesome!

Ill have a goose to see if any other deals pop up on OcUK then tomorrow.

6. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I'm on the verge of buying one of these... Any of you got any good experience with it?

Ian

7. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Still thinking about this... Will be handing back an iPad to work shortly and want a replacement... I have an iPad air 2 and kind of like the idea of console mode. Plus the deal on at the moment is tempting... Or do I wait for the steam link in November and grab a hudl for the kids?