1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time frame confusion on custom build

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by LeaderProxima, 15 Jun 2012.

1. LeaderProxima

LeaderProxima What's a Dremel?

So I ordered a custom built PC from CCL. It wasnt too cusomised, just a pre-built one with a couple of extras.
    I would like to say about it is that I ordered it over 2 weeks ago and they gave me an estimated delivery of 14th june (Yesterday) and the PC hasnt even finished being built yet. When i go onto the site I get "Awaiting stock" it doesnt take over 2 weeks to build a PC. And even if it does take that long why has it taken them so long to make it.
    I sent an e-mail asking when i would be recieving the PC on tuesday (just to make sure it would arrive on time) they sent me an e-mail back saying "Your PC was scheduled to be built tomorrow (wednesday 13th)"... What? If i ordered the PC 2 weeks ago why was it scheduled to be built 2 weeks later?
    I was happy with the 14th delivery date because i knew there would be delays due to the bank holiday weekend last week but not building the pc until wednesday and it not even being dispatched the day after its supposed to arrive is just rediculous.
    The PC i ordered is vital to my work and if it doesnt arrive soon my work is gonna take a turn for the worst.

Can someone please sort this out.:geek:

2. Dan @ CCL

Dan @ CCL What's a Dremel?

Hi LeaderProxima,

My guess would be that unfortunately something meant to go into your system was delayed coming into us. Custom built systems ordered from us go into our build queue, and are built in the order they were placed, pending stock availability. Generally, a system is completed the day it goes into build and despatched that evening, to be delivered the next working day.

Could you send me your order details and I can look into it for you?