1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F@H has crashed daily, help!

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by maestro0428, 16 Feb 2013.

1. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

I am folding SMP only. My system specs Xeon 1245v2, 32GB 1600mhz, Samung 840Pro, ASRock Extrme 4M, Highpoint SAS Raid, 5 hard disks, Quadro 2000 and 620w Seasonic psu. All latest updates from microsoft, etc. and that may even be it. It updated last week and has crashed in the night every day. I set the system to not restart so I get a chance to see the error. Im not sure how to figure out what part of the update could have screwed it up, if that is it. Everything else has run fine on it and error logs show F@H is indeed crashing and causing the restart.

Anybody have any ideas?

2. maestro0428

I updated the MB Bios as well as a few other things and it made it through the night...and then crashed this evening. This time it was not a BSOD though. Here is the error-
    C:\Users\JAllen Labs GT1000N\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2711.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    C:\Users\JAllen Labs GT1000N\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B6C.tmp.appcompat.txt
    C:\Users\JAllen Labs GT1000N\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3B7D.tmp.hdmp

I have no idea what that means. Only F@H crashes, temps are great and everything seems to be as it should be. Although it brought up the error screen that it crashed, it kept on folding?

Ideas?

3. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

Those files might just be the crash report going by this link.

Do you get any other messages?

Have you installed any other software prior to this problem?

Can you also do a quick check if uninstalling, wiping out any data, and reinstalling helps at all? Maybe best to try and let the current wu finish, if it can, before you do this.

4. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Have a look at the update history. Are any of the ones installed lately hardware related?

5. maestro0428

Net Framework 4 updates and security updates only. It has run overnight the last to nights under light load with no crashes. I am going to re install F@H and try it tonight.