1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fallout 3 GOTY Fix?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Greg_Head, 17 May 2013.

1. Greg_Head

Greg_Head What's a Dremel?

I'm having trouble running fallout currently, my specs far outdo the requirements (660 ti) and was wondering if anyone had anything as a fix, i've had a look through a couple of forums but nothings worked so far. I'm running windows 7 if it helps. Any help is good :)

fuus likes this.
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

What problems are you having exactly? Low FPS?

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Are there any real symptoms of the crash? Does it freeze, fail to start, what? Basic things to do are: Disable AA in game. Use an external AA injector like SweetFX or similar, just because Fallout 3's AA system actually induces instability, beyond that; there's a lot of tweaks you can perform within the INI files to help the game out, the most important is the "iNumHWThreads=2" tweak, to prevent the save system crashing the game.

I sourced all of my information from here http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html and most of what worked for me was just found by tweaking and fiddling till the game behaved, it's an annoying process, but the game does still look very good with a couple of high-res texture packs and Fellout installed.

4. Greg_Head

Greg_Head What's a Dremel?

Main problem is I play the first bit do the SPECIAL book and then just crash.

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I used to have this, then it mysteriously stopped. The only thing i can recall trying was numerous reinstalls. And the latest install I modded it. Still got bored :(

6. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes