1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone folding on a Titan or GTX780TI yet?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Petaflops, 2 Dec 2013.

1. Petaflops

Petaflops Minimodder

I'm just trying to establish some ball park figures for PPD on a Titan and the GTX 780TI. Some people are saying the Titan will do 120K PPD but others are saying that it will do over 200K PPD. Is anyone out there actually folding on one, and can give us some decent definitive figures. And if there is anyone who has treated themselves to a GTX 780TI and is folding on it, please can we have your figures too. If we could also have the figures for power usage for both cards, that would be great.

I'm having a bash at doing a project log to make a "1 Million PPD" desktop computer with a budget of just £2,000 + VAT or £2,400 in total. It's early days yet, but if you are interested, please head over to "Project Log" section and give it a read. All input is very welcome, as is any encouragement. I don't claim to be an expert of any kind, rather it is more a journey of trial and error and discovery to see if it is possible to make the ultimate folding machine on a budget.

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

3. Petaflops

Petaflops Minimodder

Thanks Doc.

Some interesting figures there, but they seem to be bouncing around between 180K to 220K depending on the work units and the overclocking level. You are still looking at quite a few to get to a million and somewhat over budget! Anyone else got some figures?