1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows windows7 horizontal split screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by tony007, 1 May 2012.

1. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

I have had 2 laptops to repair recently both had horizontal split screens with the same on the top as the bottom something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpiY09oYB0 how do I get this back into one screen is this something to do with aero. I did manage to get both back to one screen one by a startup repair and the second by an upgrade rerinstall as start up repair did'ent work on that one. Can anyone tell me a quicker way. Thanks.:D

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Windows 7 doesn't have such feature.

3. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

As has been said, that's not a Windows feature. I'd be looking at the Display Drivers as it sounds like it thinks there's two monitors.
    Uninstall/Reinstall of the Display Drivers and/or Chipsets would be the first thing I'd try.

4. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

Fantus I think you may be right I clicked on update driver and got the message that I already have the best driver so I uninstalled it then restarted and the double horizontal screen had gone. Is this a permanent fix though the owner said last time I repaired it, it was ok then it went into the double screen a few days later. The same happened with me I fixed it then the double screen came back. It is ok now though so what was the original problem was it a badly installed driver or something else. Thanks anyway.:clap:

5. Fantus

You need to find out what's changing the Driver for you. I'd guess it's a Windows update so change it back so it's working and see what updates you're getting.
    It's that or a setting in the Driver which is switching over from Default. Reloading the Driver would (should) reset all the settings to default so that could be why it works for a while.

6. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

Yes once again you could be right Fantus I installed updates and then left the laptop while they were installing came back and I had the split screen again. How do I find which update it is if this is so. Thanks.:clap:

7. Fantus

Which version of Windows is it?

8. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

Windows7 home premium

9. Fantus

When you go to the Updates Window and it shows that you have updates, there's an option to see what the updates are. I can't remember what it is off-hand (something like 'view available updates) but you can pick which ones you want and hide the ones you don't want to see again by right-clicking on them.
    You want to hide whichever one is updating the Graphics Driver and then it'll ignore it from then on.

10. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

I think it is now stable I have had it off overnight and just booted up it came up full screen. Plus I have done numerous restarts on it before then all came up good I have all today to test it again thanks for your help Fantus.