1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What memory can I get?

Discussion in 'CCL Computers' started by JamesDM, 7 Aug 2012.

1. JamesDM

JamesDM What's a Dremel?

My motherboard is a motherboard MSI P4M890M-L bought from CCL a few years ago. I'd like to do a full upgrade but am looking at a possible hard drive, memory and OS upgrade in the mean time. The MSI website says:
    Does this mean I can install 2 2GB sticks or is the 2 GB a total maximum meaning I can only get 2 1 GB sticks?

I just have 1 GB at the moment and I'd been thinking about getting Windows 7 retail so I can transfer it to my next PC. If I can only have 2 GB overall, is it worth putting Windows 7 on it?

EDIT - I've found out it's 2 GB overall. Would this be OK and how does Windows 7 run with 2 GB?

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012
  2. JamesDM

JamesDM What's a Dremel?

Sorry. I've found elsewhere that 2 GB is an overall limit. Would this be OK for me and how does Windows 7 do with 2 GB RAM?

3. Dan @ CCL

Dan @ CCL What's a Dremel?

Hi JamesDM,

Yes, that memory should work fine for you. 1GB is the minimum memory requirement for the 32-bit version of Windows 7, so you should be fine with 2GB. I've an old laptop kicking about with a naff Celeron and 1GB running 7 and its perfectly usable, so you should be fine!

4. Reddax

Reddax What's a Dremel?

As long as you dont run too many programmes in the background or intensive games that require more than 2gb, you're fine :)