1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Memory or Mobo fault?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by healthhazad, 19 Mar 2012.

1. healthhazad

healthhazad What's a Dremel?

Right... new build is playing up

If your not familiar with the x79 sabertooth some of the bits below might not make sense.

The first time I boot my PC the DRAM LED warning light will stay on constantly and the system will not boot till I use the 'MemOK!' button.

The system will then go through this process and I will follow the instructions to enter the BIOS and save the new settings. I can then boot into Windows and if I desire restart the system without trouble. The issue however is that once I have shut down the system it will again fail to boot with the DRAM LED showing and I have to go through the whole process again.

The Corsair RAM was bought as a quad channel kit.

I have tried setting the BIOS to use the XMP settings but I still have the same issue as above.

Essentialy the MemOK! button seems to do its job though I am concerned that a quad channel kit that is meant to be screened and tested is giving me this problem.

Any advice? My mind seems to have gone blank, probably with panic

2. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

reseat CPU, dont over tighten screws if using aftermarket cooler such as H80. Test Ram in diff system.

3. healthhazad

healthhazad What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately I have no other system that this RAM will fit and nobody in my area I know with a system I can use to test.

Will check the tightness of the screws and CPU.

Out of curiosity what led you to those ideas?