1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Sniper Elite V2 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 2 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Been playing the demo, and I think it's great watching the the bullet rip through the organs! Very satisfying indeed! :)

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I am actually quite tempted by this!

Good review :)

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds like a good game to pick up once it's on sale in a week or two. I'm disappointed that it's not as hardcore as the original - that was pretty special.

What engine is it built on? Does it have mod potential?

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I actually did a bit of playtesting for this. :D (Does the narrator still have the really annoying drawl?)

I agree, the actual gameplay can be pretty dull... but who cares! The sniping is so much fun!

I spent quite a while trying to get the down the scope kill but I found out that the target I picked wouldn't work as the prone model didn't match where he was aiming (which was fair enough as had he been anywhere but where he was his gun would be pointing through the floor). I must have played it for at least 10 hours and the sniping never got old.

You say that the stealth aspect didn't really work but I found that it did although only on certain levels. The silenced pistol was very fun as well.

Oh, and if you enjoyed some of the long shots in CoD then wait until you have to
    take out a guy in a plane flying over your head (I did attempt this with the SMG, I can't remember if it worked)
    in the finale.

My gripe would be the price which is probably a bit too high. If it drops to £20 in the near future I'll probably pick up a copy.

Oh, and while I was doing my placement there I saw a guy in a bit-tech t-shirt. :D

I believe it's Rebellion's in-house engine, same as most of their games.

Last edited: 2 May 2012
  6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i agree with the sniping being so much fun, in fact i racked up a shameful 8 hours on the demo.

£30 is asking a lot for what in a sense should be a 15-20 quid title.

7. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

8. Krikkit

Demo? Hell yes.

[edit] Never mind the demo, bought! That is a freaking bargain.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I can also confirm that we get a better deal then the consoles as TDM is a PC only feature. :thumb:

10. gabe777

gabe777 What's a Dremel?

Great review - 9/10 - what about PC requirements ? Can't decide between PC and 360 versions, altohugh given it'll probably be a rental, it will be the 360 for me.

There are spots of brilliance in this game - I've never seen enemy Ai picking up injured colleagues and getting them to safety; the X-Ray stuff is pretty awesome and never gets boring, and yes, the scoring system keep you coming back. Scores are based on body-part, moving vs static AND distance away. Good stuff.

After playing the demo, I immediately thought: are the levels going to be interesting and diverse enough to make it a great game - or am I going to be bored by the fouth level: this review clearly supports the latter. I couldn't see them making it a great full game with clever story... but, as you say, it's great for a quick blast.

11. Krikkit

PC minimum requirements seem fairly standard, 8800GT/recent dual core. So most systems should be able to cope these days, maybe not at spanking resolutions, but you'll get it going. :)

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The levels themselves are quite diverse but there's just no new interesting mechanics to play with.

13. Xunsu

Xunsu What's a Dremel?

Its a very rewarding game, you can be silent through. When the x-ray cam kicks you just think "now that was worth the effort"

14. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Played the demo, buying from HMV tomorrow, worth £15 to sit there and destroy Jerry's thigh bones for a weekend.

15. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Colour me intrigued. When I saw the title and the look of the game my eyes rolled so hard I could see my brain. But if it's actually good, well, that's good. :)

16. Ripitup121

Ripitup121 MMMMMMm watercooling....

Played the Demo through a few times after reading this review.... its soooo much fun. picking it up in gamestop today without a doubt.

17. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Apparently there's a multiplayer as well ... ?

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Got to say I'm really enjoying this game. It's my first experience of a Rebellion game and I like it.

19. Krikkit

Well I was enjoying this game - right until I shot the first scientist in the tutorial - when my 560Ti promptly exploded into flame and smoke. :\

Tags: Add Tags