1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Swap PSU connections over.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Kronos, 23 Jul 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

At the moment I am using extensions, sleeved white, in my Parvum build. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=276418
    And there is far to much cabling behind the mobo tray. Ideally I would like to swap the PSU end connections over so I can plug the extensions straight into the PSU so not needing the original cables.

But and it is a big but I am not comfortable doing this, can anyone help out here?

2. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

So you want to swap the female end of the extension with a male connector thing? It should be easy enough if you have modular cabling! (Pics not showing at work) You get two staples, bend one end so it's a long "L" shape, then put them in either side of the connectors hole. Then push in and pull out the cable. Push into the other connector and done! :) Then repeat.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks but I know how to do it in theory as I have watch several videos but I have never managed to do it hence my request.

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Sadly it won't work. The extensions use male ATX pins and connector in one side while the standard cables use female ATX pins at both ends

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Doh, Of course it won't Big Elf thanks for the heads up. Ah well I will wait and see what Pextons come up with.

Thanks mate.