1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF Hardline open BETA

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 3 Feb 2015.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Out today, anyone bothering with it

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Pre-downloaded last night, had a quick blast while I was on my lunch break. Will play more tonight.

I played the closed beta last year, disappointed that my stats had reset but not a total ball ache.

3. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Yep will be on teamspeak alter playing it.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I heard it's been heavily modified from its last incarnation following community feedback. I'd be eager to hear your thoughts. That said, even if it's super good, I wouldn't pay full price. In my eyes should be been BF4 DLC, priced like a premium expansion pack (£20).

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I have enjoyed it so far but it feels a little plain, it feels like something is missing and cant put my finger on it. Only had one disconnect so far so not bad compared to BF4

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

If it has the same game and hit mechanics as BF4 I will pass on the stress/rage inducing rubbish :D

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Been playing plenty of Hotwire mode, I have to say my experience is on the Xbox One version and its buggy as ****. I've been kicked to lobby 5 times, had the console hardlock twice and for some weird reason lose my server connection another 4 times...

The physics/clipping on this game is buggered, Ive got BF4 but this is thirdrate quality. I've played beta's on consoles for awhile and i've never had it this rough round the edges. This game shows promise but at the moment not worth my cash.

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

It's not battlefield.

I'm not paying for a reskinned BF wannabe that's going to have as many problems as bf4 with half the content and vehicles.

I can't believe people are jumping on this.

BF4 servers are empty, I didn't realise there were so many sheep in the BF world.

Sorry to be harsh but I love the BF series and I am fed up with being ripped off.

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

There are other reasons for BF4 servers being empty too, the first game I'm installing on my new system (right now) is BF3 for that matter.

I might get the Hardline beta tomorrow just to see, or I might start terrorising Grand Bazaar with my AN94.

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

You wont go wrong with Grand Bazaar :thumb:

11. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Never got past BF2 myself. I do have BF3 (on Origin), got it free if I recall correctly, but have never fired it up.
    I will always have fond memories of me and my mates swarming around Sharqi Peninsula, so much fun :)

From what I've heard and seen, I dont think i'll be in any rush to try anything newer...

12. creative

creative 500rwhp

so based on previous EA games, its ready for release? :lol::lol:

13. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Allot of people who played BF4 went back to BF3.

14. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Yup tried it for about 10 minutes. I'm done!

Sadly this is it for me. BF3 did not live up to the hype and things have been heading in the wrong direction. (I did enjoy BF3 and BF4 to an extent but they weren't the joy that was BF2)

15. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I'm playing it, but only because it's free. I don't have the cash to throw around on new games like I used to so I'm all over any free alpha/betas I can get my hands on!

No intention of buying it, didn't buy BF4 either. Not taking it seriously in any way at all, mainly I just laugh at the completely ridiculous stuff my guy is shouting out. Hacking was kind of fun once I worked it out, but it's obviously meant to be played on a tablet.

Having played a lot of Warface/CoD:AW/Titanfall/Destiny lately, Hardline just feels kind of... off. Like I'm always surprised when I kill someone, it never feels quite right :/

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It's as ready for release as Battlefield 3 was.

So no, but not quite as bad as BF4, but it's very clearly going to be a complete mess on release week. Hit detection doesn't seem to be any better in particular, but they've turned up the damage model on the guns so high it doesn't matter anymore.

Also, the M16A3 is back and even easier to use (and higher damaging) than it was in BF3, rejoice... yaaaayy...

... I'm downloading Elite: Dangerous.

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I want to like this game but not sure i can. I have put a few hours in the beta but it does not draw me in. I think i will put my money towards GTA instead.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Apart from Hotwire, everything else seems like we've seen it and done it before.

Hotwire is great fun, for a few game rounds. I can't see it last more than a few rounds a go and worth the price of admission. Also the cars handle like a wet brick on wires, at very least I expected NFS The Run's handling considering it's from the same company using the same engine.

What worries me is EA's strategy towards microtransation. All BFH unlocks are now virtual currency. Together with BF4's battlepack, the whole system pisses me off. I just want to jump in and have fun, not getting gunned down by better equipped players.

I mean, repair tool requires a purchase, really?

I regretted my purchase of BF4 the moment I fired up that game. I'll not be buying this one. GTA5 PC on the other hand........

19. Pieface

Pieface Modder

The whole purchase system seems to lead to an inevitable buy in game currency for real money.

20. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Well that makes me worry about Battlefront now. Get your partially used Wookie Bowcaster for only EA$2! EA$1= Your Soul.