1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 450 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 17 Sep 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Thank you for the review Mr. Lambert.

Maybe I have missed it but how loud or annoying is the white noise on these headphones?

Every wireless headphone but the very high end ones from Sennheiser I have tried so far had some low humming noise due to the wireless transmission that absolutely drived me nuts.

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

No worries :) it is there, but only if you *really* listen for it when there's nothing playing, and only in the right earcup it seems. It never bothered me but if you're particularly sensitive to it I guess it could.

Aterius Gmork likes this.
  4. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Thank you! Having the noise in only one earcup sounds even worse than having it in both so you just saved me the hassle of ordering and then returning another pair of headphones.

I listen to quite a bit of spoken audio as well as movies or games. The background noise on my last pair of wireless headphones really drove me nuts after a while. I found myself paying more attention to the background noise than the actual audiobook I was listening to. Probably I'm just a sensitive wuss.

5. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

No worries. It is more noticeable with spoken audio actually - I'll have to start listening to podcasts when testing headphones as well!

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I remember back when Turtle Beach made ISA sound cards that no-one could afford, leaving us all selecting Soundblaster 16/Pro compatible and dreaming of what a "proper" sound card might sound like....

This headset, on the other hand, certainly isn't going to make me put my Qpads in the closet.

7. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I know it's a really silly reason but I wouldn't even look at them purely because of their name containing 'Ear Force'.

Tags: Add Tags