1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows day of defeat:source free

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ab$olut, 7 Feb 2006.

1. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

http://www.steampowered.com/ front page this weekend I think this is an attempt to get the player numbers up anyone else gonna be playing? im going to buy it anyway but I may aswell try it before I do.Maybe take this up insted of cs:s if im impressed as I was with dod on the hl engine :rock: :hip:

2. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Its a very good game, i played ot a few times..im not going to be buying the retail disc when it comes out for £29.99!!! i'll just buy it on steam soon.

Ice

3. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

4. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Might have a look, see if it's any good. Never really got into the original however.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

what....so you download the game then play for 2 days then what? does it lock off again and then you have to pay just to play again?

no thanks ill stick to COD2.

6. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

That old dod vs cod nutshell :rolleyes: im not a fanboy to either but they are different games I play cod for sp and dod for my mp the mp in cod and cod2 is dismal its like quake deathmatch with ww2 skins :wallbash:

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

na mate its not about being a fanboy, its about getting a game for free then using it for 2days then not having the ability to play it again unless you pay, that seems a tad bit silly. but yes it gives a nice opertunity for people to give it ago.

8. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

This is one of my favourite games - I play it a lot when I have the time and really like it. The regular content updates mean that you don't get bored of the maps and the weapons are quite well-done, too.

9. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

ah ok I misunderstood there :blush: like I said there has been trouble with player numbers on dod:source

10. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I like it when you get something for free. Like that guild wars free weekend. I tried it cause I didn't want to pay something like WoW, and then realise I don't like RPGs. And guess what? I don't like RPGs :)
    I don't want to pay for DOD without trying it, because I didn't really like the first one, even though this looks quite good.

11. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

bit like a demo really, get to try it out for free and see if you want to pay for it
    think ill avoid playing over the weekend tho, too many nubs :p

12. ZincteK

ZincteK Minimodder

i paid for it and not looked back its a really really good game.

13. fullfat

fullfat What's a Dremel?

just think of it as a demo, difference is that its the FULL game so you dont just come up to an end of a level and it stops, you get it for 60hours to try it. its a fantastic idea imo, and it should pull in alot of new players to the game - i hope :D

14. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

well I went down game today and bought it retail loads of fun and much better than cod mp :) and its quite easy well to me anyway

15. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

have only just stopped playing it since i got up at 11 today... played a good couple of hours last night too! It's a very nice game...

The only critisism I have is that it relies very heavily on team play, much more so than CSS, and as such I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of it as people still seem to be playing for themselves a little bit. Still, this is hardly the games fault, more the fault of a few idiots that really shouldnt be playing a team based game if they don't like it!

16. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

The new map, Kalt, really hurts your eyes if playing on a bright monitor (Dell 2005) with Bloom on.
    I really like it, but I think there are too many snipers. The number of snipers should be turned down IMO.

17. Musicboffin

Musicboffin What's a Dremel?

I saw it in game today for £14.99... Still cheaper off steam, but thats a fair price for a hard copy of the game. EA would probably charge you £35 for it.

18. fullfat

fullfat What's a Dremel?

on most servers there is a liit of 1/3 snipers depending on the size of the map, that also goes for MG's and zook's too

19. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

well ive tried most the weapons and I have to say the rifles suite me most esps in iron sight and I like how they are unaccurate with no sights I mean how many soliders in ww2 got a hit without lining up?

20. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Wellim dloading this though steam as we speak but uts really taking its time (150kb/s im used to ~700kb/s (fileshack & mt blueyonder 10Mb connection).

*Waits around for it to dload

-Fr4nk

Tags: