1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Vue Cinima (Torbay)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookie, 29 May 2014.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Evening all

I thought I would share my experiance visiting the above cinima tonight, or atleast share my crap experiance. Me and the Mrs Pookie went to see malificent tonight (more for the Mrs) and upon walking in to the theatre I imediately noticed how hot it was in there.

I mean it was baking! and that was before it filled up with people! Anyway I thought that maybe the air con would kick in! But no, so half way through the film I have to leave as I'm a sweaty mess and can't take anymore.

Long story short I phoned and complained about the heat and there are now 2 free tickets to see the film again. So crap experiance but perfect customer service. As disappointed as I am, I will continue to use them :D

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Wow torbay from wantage that's a long way to go for a film or were you on holiday.

I can understand why you left though I hate heated crowded places as I always have the tendency to fall asleep.

3. Pookie

I live in Devon but I'm from Wantage :)

The air conditioning is actually managed by another company and should have been on. I suffer from anxiety and being hot and bothered makes it worse. Atleast I got to sit on the sea front and enjoy a cool sea breeze while watching the tide go out.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Aha

I also suffer from anxiety so I know EXACTLY how you feel.

...and here's me thinking when I went to Butlins last year that I was really close to Pookies house after he sold me an Antec 900 case.

edit.....even though I know you live in newtown abbot, seriously just ignore me :)

5. Pookie

Haha I forgot about that case. It was my first real case and I loved it but also hated it at the same time (cable management springs to mind).

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

A dremmel and some blow hole trim sorted that out :)

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

There's a Vue cinema just opened up near me [Trinity Square, Gateshead]... tbh I've yet to see anyone go in it [it's been open a few months now]... the walk/drive/bus straight past it and go to the Empire [Newcastle] or the Odeon [Metrocentre] like they've always done...