1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Nicely coloured motherboards.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PortalBen, 3 Jan 2010.

1. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

Hi everyone.

I've been looking quite a bit at motherboards recently as I'm trying to decide which one to get for my new system built around a Core i5 750. In my research I've noticed that the only colours available are shades of brown (even the 'black' ones are actually just very dark brown) and blue (from Gigabyte).

When searching for coloured motherboards on Google images, however, I found several different coloured motherboards, including a jaw-dropping Sapphire Pure CrossFire 3200 with a white PCB and red route tracing.

[​IMG]

:jawdrop::naughty::hip:

In my house I have examples of brightly coloured motherboards with an old orange WinFast board and an old yellow Asus.

My question is: are there boards like this available any more? If there is a decent socket 1156 one that would be great, but I'd be happy just to see if these kinds of boards are made any more.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2010
  2. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

xfx graphics cards are usually black. I'm going to guess their motherboards are too.

3. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

Yeah, the XFX ones are black and do look very good with the lime green slots. I have to admit that I would be very tempted if they did a Socket 1156 board.

Still, I was hoping for something a bit more colourful.

PS: I don't want lots of different colours everywhere on the board, just a couple of nice bright ones like the Sapphire.

4. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

DFI's Lanparty boards are still a nice Black and Orange.

Edit - Added pic

[​IMG]

£143 from Scan

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

DFI boards are usually pretty colourful, I'm not sure if they do a P55 board yet though.

I have to say though, the colour of the PCB is probably the last thing you should be considering when purchasing a motherboard.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

of course DFI has a P55 board, hehe

[​IMG]

7. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

It's one of the least important things, but still. It would be nice to have something other than different shades of brown, don't you agree? Practically every company does the same colour PCB and it would be a good thing to have some originality.

And yes, to have originality we have to copy the old designs. :D

I'M BORED OF BROWN BOARDS.

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I haven't seen a brown board for a long time, there usually blue these days

9. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

I like the orange but the PCB is still brown. Now make the PCB that orange colour and maybe use black for everything else... :cooldude:

10. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

All the Asus P55 boards, all the MSI P55 boards, the DFI board pictured in this thread, etc...

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

its not that brown, only under direct light can you see a brown tint, but that's the glass fibre.

Seriously keeping the colours simple sells more boards.

12. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

To me it's either brown or it isn't. And it is brown. And that's not nice to look at.

They used to make them in nicer colours, why can't they do it now? I've seen orange, yellow, pink :)eeek:) purple and my personal favourite, white. I think more variety is needed. Then at least all the boards wouldn't be identical. :sigh:

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Is that a naked southbridge :eyebrow:

Besides, has that board even been released? Most of the articles on it (including the one on bit) seem to be from much earlier in the year and you can't buy it anywhere.

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Well I don't know what you consider of being black, but EVGA boards look black, if they're installed into a case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But yeah, I don't know if there's any manufacturer atm, who produces pitch-black boards, or anything else then green, blue or brown.

15. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

16. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Is my first post in this topic invisible?

17. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

Yes, I read it mate. I didn't think smc8788 had noticed it so I said it as well. :)

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Hmm, I did a Google search but nothing showed up. Seems like Scan are the only ones stocking them in the UK.

Though I have to question pairing 3 PCI-e x16 slots with the P55 chipset when there are only 16 lanes to play with. The Scan site also seems to be wrong as it supports both SLI and Crossfire.

19. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

The scan site only says it supports Crossfire :S

Some P55 boards do support SLI though, and some support full 3-way SLI because they have an nForce 200 chip, like the Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer and the MSI Big Bang Trinergy.

20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Gigabyte!

Or MSI's GD80.