1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards MB died, need recommendations on new one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Igniseus, 24 Jan 2010.

1. Igniseus

Igniseus What's a Dremel?

My Abit IP-35E just died :(

I'm totally out of the loop with motherboards, there's so many and just confused me to no end. I can pick plenty, but I like to buy hardware that has received solid reviews with few issues.

I'm looking for a new socket 775 ATX board, for DDR2 memory. Need to be able to overclock my Q6600 to 3GHz or more preferably as that is what I currently run at. No budget as such, but cheaper the better.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

2. TheHalfWit

TheHalfWit Call me dino

My friend has a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P which he overclocked his q9550 to 3.8ghz on so with the right cooling it would probably be easy, unfortunately all the boards i'm familiar with use ddr3, but I haven't gone wrong with my ASUS boards yet.

3. Igniseus

I was looking at the above board and it appears to be DDR3 as well :(

4. bagman

bagman Minimodder

5. TheHalfWit

TheHalfWit Call me dino

The one I was talking about is p45 chipset which doesn't support ddr3, ddr2 only google it and compare to make sure you looking at the right mobo.

6. Igniseus

Hmm, sure I looked into that MB ant it said everywhere DDR3. Maybe it was a model with a letter or number different.

Anyway, was in a rush to order something quickly so grabbed 'ASUS P5QL PRO iP43'. Hopefully it wasn't a bad decision. I did just have a look around for that model you mention, and it isn't showing up in the shops I know of.

Thanks anyway :)