1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone Precision PS09 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 27 May 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

The only budget case I am even remotely interested in is the Bit-Fenix Neos... Hopefully a review is forthcoming.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

They are still about 3-4wks away according to OCUK, who are taking pre-orders for them now.

4. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

I bought a Sharkoon MS140, which exactly fitted the space I had to put it in. Was more expensive than this, but had the 140mm intake fan, and 2 x USB3, 2 x USB 2. 92mm exhaust and the 120mm in the PSU...

5. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

anyone else getting 404 for all the enlarged images on the final page?

6. trintragular

trintragular What's a Dremel?

7. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Oops! All working now..

8. Casecutter

Casecutter What's a Dremel?

Wow you got an old 570 in that! Why so 2011?... a GTX 750Ti bests it and with much less heat/power. Then you didn't see what a rear 92mm might aid, although it would've been futile with that much heat. The most I'd ever hope to squeeze in that is perhaps one of those MSI GTX760 ITX versions. I think for a modest APU build, or even mainstream gamer with less OC and a nice 270X for the low entry price it's a nice little box when use with modular PSU.

Last edited: 3 Jun 2014
  9. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Your strange punctuations are back... What are you posting your threads using?

The reason that they use that setup is so that results are comparable with older cases - if they suddenly changed setup then all the previous results wouldn't be useful any more. As for adding in additional fans, they never (well - very, very occasionally) add in additional fans as they want to compare the stock case rather than start to fiddle with the numerous alternative setups that additional fans would offer.

GK

10. Casecutter

Casecutter What's a Dremel?

Sure... But that doesn't seem a representative build for 2014, or for a budget M-ATX or ITX cases.

While I understand the need for consistency, given the evolution the M-ATX and ITX hardware over the last 3-4yr's. I believe in the conclusion might have been less weighted to the unfavorable. It was a good exercise to load the "exorbitantly expensive" In-Win 901 with a Zalman ZM-F2 92mm + Noctua NF-F12 120mm, but for a budget Raven RVZ01 it's any less intriguing! Having to add a fan or two in budget case is routine, especially when anticipating a bunch overwrought hot hardware.

What this review missed is that at least Silverstone has the "stones" to make available an aesthetically pleasing and well-built chassis in a budget price. More folks are looking to build in a smaller form factor, lower power, and quiet box and this is an exceptional offering for so many. What case have you previously reviewed offers what this provides?

11. Xir

Xir Modder

Kudos, for implementing USB3???...well no, USB3 should be standart by now, with minuspoints for every design NOT implementing it.

Well, it's what ATX-PSU's are designed to do, so it shouldn't harm it.

Essentially, it's a standart (old)ATX design, but smaller.

with an exhaust fan and an exhausting graphics card, it wouldn't do too bad.
    Shame the front only has one fan, and it is aimed poorly by that.

The real shame however is that it doesn't house a proper tower cooler.