1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Who wants some country music?!

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by eddie_dane, 26 Oct 2008.

1. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

2. DeMoB

DeMoB All of my Dremel wheels are broke!

And work the event you did! You were all over the stadium!

Some good shots in there.

As I'm new here and don't know, what do you shoot with?

Dan

3. eddie_dane

Thanks.

Yeah, I work for the venue so they always want both wide dramatic shot showing off the place and close ups of the artists, which means I get a lot of exercise during the show. It works out well since most bands don't let me shoot after the first three songs anyway.

These were shot with a D200 and a D50 using 3 lenses: Sigma 70-200 f2.8, nikkor 12-24 f4 and Tamron 28-70 f2.8.

4. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Some really great shots. I think 22 has to be my fave, just so crisp and great composition.

5. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I love the twin blue spotlights on #70! Great work there; the wide angle shots of the arena are my favorites of the series.

-monkey

6. eddie_dane

thx Hwulex and Supermonkey. I'm surprised how many people like the wide stage shots, I really just take those to satisfy the venue client. Perhaps I should focus (pun intended) on those more. Your feedback is really helping me a lot.

7. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

The close ups are great and well executed, even have some lovely lighting and angles, but I guess unless you're really a fan or recognise the subject, they don't mean much and close-up portrait shots are never that interesting. They're great for the artist, or promotional material, or for whatever you're shooting: the wide ones however allow you to express more artistic style in composition and that really comes through. :thumb:

8. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

53 is my favourite from that list, I'm a big Aldean fan and that just looks brilliant. Any chance of a 1920*1200 of that one?

9. eddie_dane

10. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Cheers bud :D

11. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Great pics, but to answer your dirict question in the OP, I'd rather never hear any country music again as long as I live. :p

12. eddie_dane

It's weird though. I grew up in the south with country/western all around me. I went to this show not knowing who any of the artists were or have ever heard them. If it weren't for the cowboy hats in the audience and on stage, I wouldn't have figured it for a country show. I consider it more like old rock-n-roll or contemporary music. It's not very twangy or bluesy anymore, maybe it was just this show.

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

But were the lyrics excessively patriotic? That's largely what it amounts to these days, other than the hats.

Anyways, some very nice shots in there. The flash gallery annoys me though,only because they always break the scroll wheels on mice.

Tags: