1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Upgrades confuse me....

Discussion in 'Software' started by st1x, 22 Jan 2011.

1. st1x

st1x Surviving on low specs since '86

ok sys specs first....

Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 3400+ (factory hs&f )
    K8NF6G-VSTA motherboard
    2x CMX1024-3200 Ram courtesy of Corsair
    HD 3870
    bog standard 40G IDE boot drive and 2Tb sata for storage
    think thats everything important......(yes i do game with this system)

My questions :

Will i be able to install and run windows 7?
    If not why not?
    If i can will there be any limitations?
    would i be able to use the 32 bit version on the above PC and the 64 bit version on one i am building without buying a 2nd license?
    If it does run, which version of win 7 should i go for? I will be using it for games games and probably more games, but obviously i dont want to end up forking out a hundred quid more than i have to.

Thanks in advance....cure me of the confusion peeps :thumb:

Nic

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Will i be able to install and run windows 7?
    YES
    If not why not?

If i can will there be any limitations?
    NO

would i be able to use the 32 bit version on the above PC and the 64 bit version on one i am building without buying a 2nd license?

NO, only one install at a time allowed

If it does run, which version of win 7 should i go for? I will be using it for games games and probably more games, but obviously i dont want to end up forking out a hundred quid more than i have to.

Home Premium

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

My recommendations for a great experience of Win7, full features as followed:
    -> 4GB of RAM
    -> Dual Core 2GHz CPU
    -> 128MB Graphic card memory with Shader 2.0 support for a smooth Aero experience at bellow 1920x1200.

On your system, Windows 7 will install fine, and run fine. Aero should be fully functional and provide you with a smooth interface experience. However, you won't be able to do big multitasking due to the memory, and simultaneous tasks smoothly due to the single core processor you have, especially that Win7 (and Vista) is multi-core optimized.

I would suggest to get 64-bit Windows, as anything to help your CPU to do it's job, is well.. helpful, and benefit you. Plus, you can run 64-bit programs and codecs, which will helping achieving a great experience.

I would suggest to get least 1 extra GB, or 2GB if possible, if you plan to do any above web surfing/chat/video conference/watch videos's (HD included).

If you want to achieve 2x Windows 7 on one system, you need to purchase 2 licenses.Going 32 bit provide no benefit unless you have driver problem (Vista drivers will work under Win7 of teh same version (32/64-bit) all editions), XP 64-bit drivers for printers should work under Win7 64-bit.