1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crytek claims its future is secure

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 Jul 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Good to hear that Crytek staff have been paid as well apparently, i wounder how much damage has been done though from losing all the people that left during this "transitional phase"

I guess at some point we will get to find out who the mysterious savior was, do Crytek publish financial reports ?

3. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

The only thing missing from the sub headline was "Crysis 4 announced". I didn't mind C2 when playing it fully stealth compared to the first time but they need to get money in, so they might as well milk the consolised version of the main seller.

Last edited: 28 Jul 2014
  4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I think any chance of that had it's chest burst with the news that Aliens: Colonial Marines was a better seller than Crysis 3.
    Of course, if they want to make Crysis 4 a direct sequel to the original/Warhead picking up where number 1 left off, I'd buy it twice.

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Well, since the nextgen GPU (and CPU) progress has slowed down to zero for while now I don't see the point in making C4 for 'benchmarking' your latest and greatest PC build. Unless they want to blow up the current top of the line hardware. I catchy phrase would be: "But can it survive C4?".

6. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Looks like they are 'secured' by selling off the Homefront IP and Crytek UK to Koch Media.

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Didn't they only just get Homefront last year ?
    At least it looks like it's gone to a good home, Deep Silver have some good games under their belt.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I think Deep Silver were developing the new HF game anyway?

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Talk about confusing :hehe:

I done some reading and from what i can work out Crytek bought the IP for Homefront and were co-developing HF:The Revolution with Deep Silver, it seems they sold the IP and the Nottingham-based studio that were working on it to Koch Media who own Deep Silver.

Seems like a good deal for those guys in the Nottingham-based studio, they get to carry on working on HF:The Revolution and can continue the working relationship they have with Deep Silver.