1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft boasts of Surface, cloud growth

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 Oct 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Yeah I wouldn't mind having a Surface Pro 3 either!

3. Psycownage

Psycownage What's a Dremel?

Been very impressed with the approach to windows 10 even the early builds seem pretty stable and new features appear polished already.

I'm not sure they can get me to ditch my iPhone though...

4. acitodg

acitodg What's a Dremel?

Wow, I like the surface, but I wouldn't have guessed it would have this much growth though. I always thought the price was slightly too high.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

2.4 mil sales to retail not users might be why we are seeing the price cuts the Xbox one has recieved as the 360 is still selling week to week according to one of those console tracker sites.

9million total lumia sales is nice and all but the figures posted suggest it's a lot of low end margin phones.

Windows 10 seems nice and could be the upgrade windows 7 users are waiting for.

Having used my surface pro 2 for a year ish now I've been pretty impressed by it.

6. Troglodyte

Troglodyte What's a Dremel?

Looks like Microsoft are still embarrassed by the xbox1 being outsold 2-1 hence the absence of any boastful bounce back . I`m picturing a carpet laid down over a breeze block .

7. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

For a small amount of time (days) I liked Windows 8 and its tablet-like GUI. Now I detest it with a passion.

I've owned a Surface 3 for a few weeks and I think it's the worst piece of hardware I've owned at its price point. I'll never buy another Surface without testing it beforehand. I'm praying Win10 brings back a proper OS feel too.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I suspect the xbox one sales will pick up a lot within the next couple months, just look at the games that going to be available just off the top of my head (in no specific order):

MGS Phantom Pain
    Mortal Kombat X
    Two new Final Fantasy games
    Dead or Alive 5
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Witcher 3
    Far Cry 4
    Assassins Creed Unity
    Halo 5
    New CoD
    New Battlefield

(in other words, stuff that will sell in crazy numbers and the absence of which is currently hurting console sales)

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Virtually every game you listed is cross platform, The big system seller game for Microsoft is Halo if they can get a good game out it will sell systems it's what I'm waiting for.