1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics HEADS UP TO NVIDIA OWNERS - LATEST DRIVERS PERFORMANCE ISSUES

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pete J, 17 Aug 2016.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Hey all,

I woke up ridiculously early this morning (go insomnia), so went about installing the newest 372.54 drivers in anticipation for Deus Ex releasing next week.

Thing is, I noticed appalling performance in some games I was playing, so I ran Heaven 4.0 and noticed awful minimums and averages that were ~22-27% under what they were with the previous drivers (368.81 or 369.05). I also booted up Star citizen and Crysis 3 and there was an obvious poor framerate issue. Indeed, with Crysis 3, I dropped the AA setting I was using by one option and still was getting worse results.

So, I've reinstalled the older drivers and everything went back to normal. Hopefully they'll do for Deus Ex as I'm not installing these crap new drivers again.

Just a heads up so you don't have to waste your time like I did!

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Thanks for the info :)

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

What graphics card are you using? I have a GTX970, installed the same driver and played Elder Scrolls Online, yesterday, which still ran smoothly, not played anything else though. If there was a small difference in FPS it was not enough to notice, I don't care about benchmarking.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Pete, did you try the new drivers on a single card too?

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Good point. No I didn't. Would someone be so kind to verify?

Edit: Sorry, I remember I did with the Pascals for various reasons. Should have been getting ~38 FPS, was instead getting ~22 FPS.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2016
  6. Deders

Deders Modder

So far have been pleased with single card performance. Tomb raider now works in dx11 (for vxao). About 100 point increase in timespy. Not had a chance to test heaven yet but not noticed anything to worry about in total Warhammer or tomb raider.