1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Dropbox Upload speed issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by happyhammer7, 1 Jan 2013.

1. happyhammer7

happyhammer7 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

Just uploading some images to dropbox, but I have noticed that my upload speed for the files is only 52.6 kB/s, which seems pretty constant.

I have ran a broadband speed test, which has given me the following result -

[​IMG]

In all fairness, the speed for SkyDrive was not really any different, so Im not blaming the software here.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Could be anything from the traffic in your area (Your exchange) to Dropbox's servers.

Are you finding it really slow to upload? Or just happend to see the numbers and looked into it?

3. happyhammer7

happyhammer7 What's a Dremel?

Yes painfully slow to upload. Problem is, I can't get fibre where I am so I'm stuck with copper. Frustrating considering the this development is only about 4 years old.

4. richythomas

richythomas Minimodder

0.73mb upload speed equates to 93.44kb maximum upload speed ((0.73/8)*1024).

Looks like you're only 40kb's off this maximum throughput but it'll be down to other processes requiring your upload stream as well as contention ratios in your area. Also if you're downloading I believe this will also slow down your uploads on ADSL? Might be wrong though.

Our house is in a new development (although seven years old now) and my broadband speed was only 1.3mb/0.3mb until FTTC became available last month. Have faith, they are rolling out FTTC as fast as they can even though, yes I agree, it does appear to be extremely slow...

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The rate you can upload is 6% of the rate you can download in terms of speed. That means any uploading is going to be incredibly slow by comparison. Having such a difference between upload and download speeds is normal though.