1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the top 20 :)

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by coolamasta, 21 Jun 2009.

1. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Just got myself a copy of Custom PC while out shopping just now (yes I REALLY need to subscribe this week) lol

Noticed I am in the top 20 producers woooooop number 10 to be precise with just shy of 35k ppd, although I think that was before I started Chimp folding!

I am quite impressed as I didn't expect to get in there yet although when all the big PPD'ers start folding under their own names again I might be knocked off again ha ha :lol:

Having said that once Chimps is finished I should be good for 50k+ ppd-ish :D
    I'm getting my i7 gear this week and I got another fried 9800GT to RMA!

Not bad I think considering I only started folding about a year ago now :rock:

Anyone else got further than they thought they would? Or addicted like I did and went on GPU buying frenzy :duh: :worried:

Also just wanna say a big thanks to all the help ive had with problems I've had and still having and the generosity of Clive :thumb:

Fold on! :clap:

2. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

Well done chap :thumb:

3. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Ah, yes, before I caught the bug I thought spending more than £50 on a graphics card was crazy. But without the Chimps Challenge I would not have played with SMP folding (Windows and Linux), or seriously considered water cooling. And getting into the top 20 was something I never even considered.

Seconded

4. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Well done that chimp :thumb:

I think 50K ppd will almost certainly keep you among the top 10 producers.

Err .... yea. Started just under a year ago and I think frenzy would be a kind expression for what I did in the early days and then just again for the CC. Nice to know that you and CNL were sitting with me at the back of the queue when self restraint was being handed out :D

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Well done matey. I have admittedly slowed off a little for the summer (more on that in my farm thread later on) but am still folding on more than 75% of the hardware that I have available to me. I definately didn't think that I would get this far so soon. As a matter of fact, I only intended to fold on my main use PC's CPU in the beginning, and here I am with a small farm three months later :D

I, too would like to thank everyone for their help in getting me set up and especially to Jackofall who I think everyone will agree has been an invalueable member of our team over the past few months.

Being one of the top 20 producers is a few months off for me at the moment, but I do have my sights on that target. At the moment I am trying to curb my spending lots to afford the rack farm of my dreams, and things are getting tight with leccy bills coming in bigger and bigger each time :/

Screw it, plenty of time to worry about being broke when I'm dead, right? Fold on!