1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT Benchmarked!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bahgger, 24 Apr 2007.

1. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Having sat through the press stuff for this in the last two days I can tell you that there's a ton of FUD going round the net at the moment. I can't tell you what is and what isn't though, you'll have to wait til the NDAs expire.

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I dont really care anymore.

All i want to see is the benifit of DDR4.

4. Austin

Austin Minimodder

:thumb: Although the high-end is interesting (esp 512bit memory bus) it's the mainstream parts and finally some DX10 competition which interest me the most. I'm really hoping for mid-range parts equipped with a 256bit memory bus, there's no way in 2007 we should be lumped with a 128bit memory bus for anything other than the low-end.

5. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I was somewhat unhappy that I had to read this over at Engadget, since anything related to PCs the way this is tends to be far better handled by bit-tech, but the NDA explains it all. Will wait for your gracious reviews in due time then!

And besides, the card concerns me little as my bottleneck now is a AMD 3000+ paired with an 8800GTS 320MB! :blush:

6. ijakings

ijakings What's a Dremel?

http://dailytech.com/ATI+Radeon+HD+2900+XTX+Doomed+from+the+Start/article7052.htm

XTX Stuff. Looks like an OEM preview of the card though.

Wish I was a member of the press and in on all the NDA. Would rea-hea-heally like to know what was fud and what was not at the moment, because it will impact my buying decisions. XT or wait for the XTX, if im waiting for the XTX should I wait for the (rumoured) Q4 Launch of the R650. I wish AMD would just come out and tell people so they could smack the fud down.

7. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

If all those benchmarks are accurate, it still leaves one major question, what's better at DX10 gaming? The fact that the 8800s win at DX9(according to what we've seen) doesn't necessarily mean they will have the same power over the 2900s in DX10 gaming, does it? And that's a huge part about buying one.

8. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

Personally I no longer care who has the performance crown. I just want all the players to show their cards, the graphics card market has been stagnant for too long. I also agree with Gravemind we need some DX 10 games to come out or at least a DX 10 benchmark.

Competition will drive prices down and benefit the consumers the most. In the ideal world AMD and Nvidia would be a dead tied. If releasing this information and non nda signing products is a marketing campaign then I'm sickened by what this has become. Generally I trust Anandtech and its subsidiaries but why would they have access to this if the data if there wasn't a shred of truth to it?

Fud is one thing but I'm sick of looking for meaningful news only to find finger pointing. Anyone else like me just want to get this over with and buy whatever is the best for him/her, whether it is AMD or Nvidia?

9. Jemburula

Jemburula What's a Dremel?

Mathmarauder: yeah, I'm with you... I just bought got a new 24" widescreen and have put off buying my new computer as well until AMD releases some more stats and prices. This is getting so annoying now.

10. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

I'm assuming this means all of the benchmarks thus far are completely wrong?

I have to say I'm a little sceptical myself, considering the early claims that this card was 40% faster than an 8800.

Can you answer when the NDA expires?

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

we can talk about the architecture, performance and everything else when the product is launched by AMD. :)

12. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

So you guys have done the actual benchmarks? Or have ATI demonstrated?

13. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

From what I understand they are allowed to release benchmarks on Wednesday May 2. So in about 3 days.

14. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Nice.

Anyone reckon the release of the 2900 will reduce the price of the 8800s?

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

I have something big and red sitting on my desk. ;)

16. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

:blush:

So if Mathmarauder is correct, we can expect a review this week?

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

18. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

:clap:

Now I can make my GPU decision by the weekend :)

*hugs bit-tech*

19. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I got stuck in the waiting game recently. Then I realised I would be eternally waiting for something better. In the end I bought the best I could get NOW for the money I had.

I'm looking forward to seeing the big red thing on Tim's desk though :naughty:

20. pdemon

pdemon What's a Dremel?

I hate that game... :hehe:

Tags: