1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress -Completed- DSA-Recon - Update 17 April

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sanjaya, 21 Jul 2014.

1. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

[​IMG]

Hi everyone. I'm starting my second build in Mid August and this is the work log of it from beginning to the end. This is another scratch build, but this one I will use metal for my work

Click HERE if you want to see my first build

This will be one of the smallest Full ATX case that can have 4-way SLI/Crossfire in the world. I will add some innovative functions as well, which are a surprise :lol: :naughty:

So far Gigabyte has sponsored me with a beautiful mobo which I will be revealing to you later.
    GB will use this case for their exhibitions if they need it. So I hope to see it in a booth in exhibitions.

Here are some rendering of the case design. It has colour changing lights and the "Y" that's in all of my mods. stay tuned for the work progress
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I beg you not to ask one thing... Instead I'll answer the question. "Yes! Anything is possible if you want to build it!"
    So please let me know what you think :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    A Big thank goes to GIGABYTE for sponsoring my build

Last edited: 17 Apr 2015
  2. chilliewillie

chilliewillie What's a Dremel?

i cant facking wait

Verstuurd van mijn GT-S7500 met Tapatalk

3. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thanks Chillie. Stay tuned i'll update as soon as i start the build :)

4. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Started work

Hi Guys. i started work on the build and started making the case in card board. I will put up some pics soon when I'v done it bit more
    You can check out my FB page for more renderings and info HERE

5. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Update 27/08

Update 27/08
    Hello guys and girls of our modding community, today we have a small update. we started working on the prototype build in cardboard.
    If you ask me why we do this, it's because we need to make sure all the measurements are correct and everything fits in perfectly before we go into real production using Aluminium.

I'm still in a doubt whether to use Aluminium or Steel, coz Alu is light but Steel is stronger.

Anyway the following pictures are of the side panels. I did it as two parts rather than bending the one whole piece because it's easy to take measurements. So after I finish cutting all the pieces then i will put them together and put up some pics then

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Update 28/08

Update 28/08

Hi guys n gals, update on day 2 of the build,
    I didn't have much time going home after my work. but I did some work on the build. I had some problems with the measurements of stuff, so I used the previous box i made for mobo tray and today i will make a new frame.
    I was able to make the fan and rad holder, so as in the pics this system can hold a 240 rad. on top If you go with a custom loop then there is enough space for even push pull system. so all together 4x 120 fans there. and on front you can have another 2x 120 fans. so all together this system have space for 6x120 fans and 1x 240 rad

Also it has space for 2 SSDs on front and can have a 30CM tall res with 5cm diameter.
    It can also accommodate about 6HDDs

Only negative is that it doesn't have a 5.25 bay. Since I dun use it I decided not to include it.

Here I cut out two circles to give enough airflow through rad to the fans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Bad Fenny

Bad Fenny What's a Dremel?

Love the look of the case you are designing and can't wait to see it in aluminum or steel.

Cheers

Fen

8. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thankx Fen

Thankx Fen. I will do sheet cutting and bending this sunday. I've been bit busy and tired coz of my internship. But tonight I will finish the cardboard build then, i will take it to the metal shop :) stay tuned

9. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Update 31/08

Hi Guys not much update for today, been cutting shapes and glueing them to see whether it looks like the render. So far it's grt and few more pieces to cut. in pics I didn't attach all. but i've done more. so here are few pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Bad Fenny

Bad Fenny What's a Dremel?

Sooooo . . . when does the metal cutting start? :naughty:

Cheers

Fen

11. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

I got a sheet of MS Steel yesterday. so probably tonight I will start drawing and will try and cut tomorrow. problem is that m on an internship, so everyday leave at 7am and come back at around 6.30 pm :\
    Oh yeah and i cut my palm trying to hold the metal sheet :\
    I'm planing to mass produce this case. in different materials as well few dif versions. MS steel, Aluminium and Anodized aluminium(premium) and few designs like in the following picture
    Alum and Steel one will be powder coated. and I can make stainless steel as well but it will be HEAVY!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^ m not gonna sell these in MS Steel and allum, that what i do when m bored :D
    I'll be back with another update soon

12. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Hi guys. wondering why i was silent? ah yeah it's because I was busy tryna make a custom spu block. so this is the result of the 1st test. i'm gonna test this and if it has a significant improvement over the air cooling, then i will make a nice clean and neat one.
    I still need to cut the metal sheet. been busy with this. :\
    [​IMG]

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Was that cut with a drill press? It looks like stuff I did on one is why I asked. I found smaller bits worked better on copper. With bigger bits, cutting was so violent that my chuck fell off.:lol:
    I like your work. You never make a "square box" case.:thumb:

14. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thanks Ceapskate

yeah it a drill press. this is a 2mm milling bit. but i think using that even ****ed up the bearing of the drill, i couldn't find 1mm milling bits. i tried with 1 mm drilling bits and broke 4 of them trying to just drill it. same fate for the 2mm drilling bits.

yeah it shakes so loud and gives a scary noise when using 2mm bit.

Thanks mate. I dun like square box cases, but I'm designing a one which is square, but it can be 100% customized, i'm doing it to sell, so ppl only have to pay for each part they buy. but that's for later.
    For enthusiastic cases. dun like the whole concept of a painted box with crazy tubing and LED. so i make scratch builds. Keep tuned, ill finish this build before mid Oct

15. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

these fins i did without any measurement, just by eye measurement. but the correct one ill do with the printed paper on top :) so it would look better :) now to make the acrylic part

16. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Custom block top Acrylic cover almost complete. it's time to find some fittings to use.

In my country ask a shop for watercooling fittings. they say "What?" so i guess i have to use numatic fittings :\

[​IMG]

17. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Hmm... Interesting case design! I always did like aggressive, edgy styling.

Subbed!

As for watercooling fittings, pretty much the only place to find them consistently is online. Pretty much anywhere you ask, lest it be a specialty shop, if you ask for niche products such as things like this all you'll get is a blank, confused look followed by "what the hell are you babbling about?". :lol:

18. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

yeah that's true, but me being here only for another months it's hard to get em shipped fast unless i pay $_$ ... so ill use numatic fittings. it should add a difference to the build as well.

Thanks a lot for compliments. i always go for something different to design n build :)

19. Derick

Derick Senpai Studios

Orange? I'm in.

20. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Yep. black and Orange on the inside. but outside black and a lighter black :) but LEDs are colour change. so mainly use orange :)