bit-tech.net

Old 18th Jul 2015, 04:54   #1
mp3manager
Multimodder

mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.
Acer XB270HU Screen Bleed Replacement

I bought my Acer G-Sync monitor in May, and it suffers from screen bleed.

Scan currently state on the monitor webpage that they now stock the new revised version, which doesn't suffer from screen bleed. Can I return my monitor and exchange it for the new revised version?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-ac...speakers-usb3-

It also has a dead/grey pixel dead-centre of the screen, which is annoying.

Last edited by mp3manager; 18th Jul 2015 at 15:33.
mp3manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2015, 12:45   #2
mark@scan
Technical / Returns Manager

mark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hi,

If you contact acer directly they will arrange to have the monitor swapped with one of the newer revisions for you:

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Regards
mark@scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2015, 14:56   #3
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If the goods are accepted as being not fit for purpose isn't it the retailers job to exchange them?
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2015, 15:31   #4
mp3manager
Multimodder

mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.mp3manager is definitely a rep cheat.
Good point.

My contract is with the retailer and not the manufacturer.

The monitor has a manufacturing date of March 2015 and so is from the first batch of monitors, which Scan have acknowledged have a manufacturing defect.

If I return the monitor to the store, will Scan replace it when they get stock back in?
Old 20th Jul 2015, 09:23   #5
mark@scan
Technical / Returns Manager

mark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
We are happy to deal with it direct, it just takes longer than dealing with acer directly in this case thats all.

Please submit an RMA request via the following link if you prefer not to deal with acer

https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...px?QueryType=R

Regards
mark@scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2015, 15:12   #6
mp3manager
Multimodder

Thank you.

Once the monitor is back in stock, I will return my one personally to the store for a replacement.
Old 24th Jul 2015, 11:12   #7
mp3manager
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark@scan View Post
We are happy to deal with it direct, it just takes longer than dealing with acer directly in this case thats all.

Please submit an RMA request via the following link if you prefer not to deal with acer

https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...px?QueryType=R

Regards
I've submitted an RMA via that link and the person has replied that if I return the monitor to the store, then Scan will not replace it and insists that I deal with Acer direct.

This is most disappointing, as I was planning on visiting the store tomorrow, Saturday 25th July.

Can I have your complete assurance that, if I visit the store tomorrow afternoon, I will have my faulty monitor replaced by yourselves?

Edited to add: Also the person who replied to my RMA request, Ste, said the monitor would need to be tested, which would take 3-5 working days and then sent on to Acer, who would take upto 28 days to replace it.

Why would it need to be tested, when Scan have already admitted that it has a manufacturing defect?
Is Ste aware of this manufacturing defect on this monitor?

Last edited by mp3manager; 24th Jul 2015 at 14:20.
Old 13th Aug 2015, 05:42   #8
mp3manager
Multimodder

The monitor was sent back to Acer, against my wishes I might add, for a new screen due to the light-bleed and a dead pixel.

It has returned with worse light-bleed, a dead pixel and now a pixel stuck on red.

It is going back and I would like a replacement, as I originally requested, as the monitor is not of merchantable quality.

Light-bleed

Dead pixel

Pixel stuck on red

Last edited by mp3manager; 13th Aug 2015 at 05:55.