bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > SCAN Computers - Pre Sales Support

Old 23rd Oct 2015, 14:55   #1
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
half my order missing, update promised but heard nothing

so my order arrived this morning, or at least half of it arrived this morning...

i called up DPD and they said they only received one box from you ( despite the two parcels your email told me you had dispatched ) so after 20 mins on the phone to them, i called up your customer support number, and after waiting on hold for a ( long ) while i was put through to a fella who said he would look into it and call me straight back... that was well over 3 hours ago and im wondering where my friends case is... as i have all the gubbinz to build his new rig, but not the case to build it in

the whole purpose of ordering from you ( as opposed to amazon ) was the next day delivery

my invoice number is E2610170
Old 24th Oct 2015, 01:25   #2
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well it seems that Scan have been trying to find it all day, but to no avail thus far,

fortunately they have been nice enough to send a replacement out while they try to figure out where the Case went they still maintain that they dont have it, and DPD also maintain that they never picked it up.

so the only explanation is...
Old 25th Oct 2015, 08:18   #3
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

well the Email from the lady i spoke to she claimed they had sent out a replacement for delivery on Saturday... no dispatch notes or tracking information provided.

i purposely cancelled my plans for the Saturday morning in case DPD was to drop round my case...They did not

i eventually left the house in my Mothers capable care and went out to visit the friend ( the one who i promised his computer would be ready Friday Evening ) to discuss the total ball's up made somewhere hoping i would return to my house, to Start building the computer. Unfortunately the case was not delivered on Saturday, i Seriously do not think that DPD will deliver it today as it is a Sunday, so im likely going to have to ask someone to house sit on Monday while i am at a CPN meeting ( since i have no shipping / Tracking details to know when it could arrive, and Sods law states that i leave this house, that is the moment DPD will arrive ) have to cancel my plans Monday evening so i can try to get this computer built, tested and installed before work in the Evening, and deliver it Tuesday before he heads off on holiday

oh joy....
Old 25th Oct 2015, 08:55   #4
TheMadDutchDude
Flying Dutchman

TheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oh deary me. Scan aren't doing so well.

It's really unfortunate!
ASUS X99-Deluxe/U3.1 | Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Custom CPU Water Cooling | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | 2x ASUS STRIX RX480@RX580 8GB with VRAM strap mod | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1kW | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F
TheMadDutchDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2015, 15:58   #5
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

And it isnt here today either....

in fact a 'next day' delivery will take almost a full week to acually get delivered

as ( once again ) there was ( another ) mistake and the order didnt get shipped out on Friday ( despite emails to the country telling me that it was )

so i have tentatively pencilled in a delivery on Tuesday morning ( after another email from scan ) ...something was supposed to happen Tuesday... OH YEAH, my friend goes on holiday for 2 weeks. oh well Scan, if you mess this one up aswell, all the preassure will be off as the deadline for the new build will have passed.

unfortunatly this means im now going to have to cancel MORE plans i had for tuesday and cross my fingers for a REALLY early delivery. if i am to have any hope of getting this computer built and sent to him by the time he leaves, which will allow him to take his laptop with him as other members of the Household need to use the internet while he is away

Last edited by lilgoth89; 27th Oct 2015 at 01:22.
lilgoth89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2015, 23:16   #6
Otis1337
aka - Ripp3r

Otis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
there should be some compensation for this massive balls up.
Otis1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2015, 12:02   #7
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

Aye it would be nice...

but i do sympathise with Scan as unless the 1st case is found its likely they are going to be the ones out of pocket...

the case should be here sometime in the next hour, giving me just under 3 to get the machine built, install windows and updates and such...

good job i have decent fibre internet aye ?
even still, its a deadline i dont think i will be making

right DPD dropped it off earlier, i decided to install windows while waiting for the case to save time

Just scraped the deadline, but my faith in scan has been somewhat shaken...

id still love to know whatever happened to the first case...

Last edited by lilgoth89; 27th Oct 2015 at 17:56.
lilgoth89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 16:13   #8
Mr_Mistoffelees
More Spanners Please.

Mr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming SaiyanMr_Mistoffelees is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I see that in 9 days no-one at Scan has bothered to reply to this thread.
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 17:43   #9
Arthur
Comment is over there ----->

Arthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mistoffelees View Post
I see that in 9 days no-one at Scan has bothered to reply to this thread.
They are all busy walking around looking for a lost computer case
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 17:43   #10
Arthur

Arthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming SaiyanArthur is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Double post.
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 10:17   #11
LeeP@SCAN
SCAN Representative

LeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've nudged Olivia and the CS team to pass on any new info they may have - will update as soon as I have something to share.

Professional button pusher... check out my bassy mixes here; www.mixcloud.com/penrar
LeeP@SCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 11:56   #12
LeeP@SCAN
SCAN Representative

LeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming SaiyanLeeP@SCAN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A case was ordered on 22nd for delivery 23rd the case went missing and the replacement was shipped on 26th Oct. We needed a few days to try to located the case & when we couldn’t locate it ; we replaced it. This usually take 3-5 days to resolve these issues but Olivia created the replacement invoice on 23/10/2015 but due to time restraints, she wasn't able to ship the order until the Monday, for delivery on Tuesday 27th.

Yes, a mistake was made shipping this and we're very sorry about this. We didn't want to delay this at all, given what had already happened. I can offer free carriage on your next order as a gesture of good will but we do not offer any sort of compensation. Drop me a mail if you need a hand with anything now or in the future.

All the best

Lee

Professional button pusher... check out my bassy mixes here; www.mixcloud.com/penrar
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 12:03   #13
thom804
Banned

thom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youthom804 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeP@SCAN View Post
A case was ordered on 22nd for delivery 23rd the case went missing and the replacement was shipped on 26th Oct. We needed a few days to try to located the case & when we couldn’t locate it ; we replaced it. This usually take 3-5 days to resolve these issues but Olivia created the replacement invoice on 23/10/2015 but due to time restraints, she wasn't able to ship the order until the Monday, for delivery on Tuesday 27th.

Yes, a mistake was made shipping this and we're very sorry about this. We didn't want to delay this at all, given what had already happened. I can offer free carriage on your next order as a gesture of good will but we do not offer any sort of compensation. Drop me a mail if you need a hand with anything now or in the future.

All the best

Lee
Posts on BT site that will offer free carriage on next order.
BT forum members already get free carriage....

I think some other recompense is needed.
thom804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 13:52   #14
LeeP@SCAN
SCAN Representative

Respectfully, we will not be offering compensation on this order. We acted with the best intentions, recovered the order in a reasonable time, issued a replacement and despite being a day late with the delivery, we turned this around very swiftly. Issue raised 23rd - replacement item delivered on 27th. Four days.

We have mailed a personal apology on the 26th October from Olivia and we have apologised also on the forum. We can't guarantee that nothing will go wrong with an order, especially when it is out of our hands with the courier, but we did what we could to resolve this as soon as we were aware of the issues. I agree that missing the dispatch on the Friday was crucial and key to how serious the complaint is. Olivia personally apologised for this as I've mentioned and she again, sends her apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Old 5th Nov 2015, 12:50   #15
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

wow, not noticed the Reply ( Derp )

the case did arrive and everything is now grand

the only thing left is to find out whatever did happen to the first case i ordered ?
Was it ever located in the end ?
Old 5th Nov 2015, 18:36   #16
Arthur

So it's Case closed then ? (pun is intended)
Old 6th Nov 2015, 10:30   #17
LeeP@SCAN
SCAN Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
So it's Case closed then ? (pun is intended)
I'd say so, we didn't get any result from DPD. "Inconclusive - will report back if found" .... I suspect it's gone in their black hole, or someone has a lovely free case on us right now!

Old 8th Nov 2015, 05:18   #18
modd1uk
Mod Master

modd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyanmodd1uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hey, at least you're using DPD nowadays and not sh1tty1link !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree View Post
There you are, then! Buy 100, take two, eBay a bundle of 98 at 70% the price of the 100-bag bundles, spend the profit on ale and whores.
modd1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2015, 07:31   #19
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This is why I usually buy from Scan over the counter, or order for delivery to my work address.

My theory is that couriers will take more care when delivering to businesses as they want the repeat custom, and word of errors will spread like wildfire.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote