bit-tech.net

Old 20th Feb 2013, 12:14   #1
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Registration difficulties

For those having difficulty in registering on the forum, please bear with us.
We are awaiting Dennis implementing a proper Captcha solution to filter out spam bot and system generated registants.

This does mean that all user registrations have to be manually verified, and with several thousand per day this is becoming a sizeable task.
It also means that some genuine applications are deleted in the mix, and for this we apologise.

Regards,
yodasarmpit
Old 20th Feb 2013, 20:10   #2
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Meanwhile there are things you can do to help us spot that you are the real deal, and not some spambot.

- On the sign-up page, say something about yourself: location, interests, birthday, mods. Don't be shy --show us that you're a real person!

- If you know a member on this forum who can vouch for you, get them to send us a PM with your username and email address so we can look out for you.

- When you are validated, post a hello in this thread. It's another way of us knowing you're the real deal.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 20:56   #3
deathtaker27
Probook Addict

deathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I hope this cuts down your work on the forums, as I know you (and all the mods) put in a lot of time dealing with Spam bots
deathtaker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 21:48   #4
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Ouch didn't realise there was no captcha verification yet, no wonder the mods are so busy!
Old 19th Mar 2013, 11:31   #5
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
The registration should now be fixed. Sadly there's no captcha yet. It'll be going right near the top of my dev request list though.
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2013, 11:54   #6
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You guys likely have it in hand but I can thoroughly recommend Spam-O-Matic, have it on a few other forums I visit and it's worked wonders stopping spam.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042
Old 13th Aug 2013, 09:16   #7
de.das.dude
Minimodder

de.das.dude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
YESS I CAN POST finally.

PS. the registration system is poo
de.das.dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2013, 12:53   #8
Ozzie
Fork 'andles I wanted

Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.
Hello
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2013, 06:21   #9
CdnGhost
What's a Dremel?

CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CdnGhost is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks for the activation! so glad to be a part of this community!
CdnGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2014, 10:39   #10
Sethenor
What's a Dremel?

Sethenor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for finaly activating my account. Took me about 4 registrations
Sethenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 13:43   #11
Farsan
Minimodder

Farsan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really thanks for my account activation.
Farsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2014, 10:26   #12
Singularity
******* Operator from Hell

Singularity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not really activation, but I just spent about 15 minutes trying to reset my password. The Captcha system is broken as hell, constantly failing me, for both image and audio versions, until I stumbled onto one that it magically did match correctly.

You seriously need a better system than this, it's downright infuriating.
Old 11th May 2015, 01:41   #13
bleugh
Hello

bleugh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I know this thread is old but just thought I'd say incase anyone new is struggling.

It took me about 7 days to activate my account, so give it time if you are have issues.
bleugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2015, 18:28   #14
Shadotracker
Minimodder

Shadotracker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was finally able to get my 2nd account registered after my 1st one never got approved.

How long does it take for moderators to approve of posts? Or another way to get in contact with an administrator? The contact us is not working at all. So I can't fix any post that I have made or trying to do.
Shadotracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2015, 10:57   #15
Shirty
Time travelling rogue

Shirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, ShirtyShirty is, simply, Shirty
Apologies for the delay - it's contingent on a moderator working through the moderation queues and everyone's probably a bit too full of festive cheer and ale

I also have a Surface Pro 2, even though I'm not a pro...
Shirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2016, 18:45   #16
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDude111 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasarmpit
For those having difficulty in registering on the forum, please bear with us.
We are awaiting Dennis implementing a proper Captcha solution to filter out spam bot and system generated registants.
I have a better solution

Put all new users (Zero posters) on MODERATION which means NO GROUP EXCEPT STAFF sees what they post until its checked.... (Usually after 5 or so posts they can be trusted and added to the reg member group)

Ya might wanna check with Staff members though,this will make it harder on them and they already do alot around here!!

Good luck .. Thanx for keeping this a GOOD PLACE!! (Off garbage software,etc)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2016, 07:55   #17
CatalinM
What's a Dremel?

CatalinM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
God, I can't believe this is still an issue 3 years later

I am happy to be here, but I was seriously off-put by waiting 2 weeks (and 2 registration attempts) to be able to post here.

I'd be willing to help alleviate this if you want help
CatalinM is offline   Reply With Quote